android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default PC Remote Control, I'm desperate!

Aight,

I have been looking for a decent remote control for windows pc to control foobar. Simple right?

I mean I have tried two very cheap remotes ($10ish) that have been awful mainly due to being IR rather than RF or wireless 2.4ghz (one was advertised as being 2.4ghz when in fact was not :|

The best I have found is using logitech's wireless Numpad and configuring and sticking media stickers on the numbers as functions (play/pause, skip, shuffle etc). But it's too damn big! I want summin small enough to attach to clothing when walking around the house etc.

Logitech's harmony remote range look to long and cumbersome for what i want and get VERY expensive if carrying RF rather than IR (IR is useless imho, i need it to work behind doors and walls).

There just seems to be NOTHING useful. I used to own logitechs Mediaplay wireless mouse YEARS ago which had configurable buttons, but it broke, was too heavy and could not clip to clothing anyway.

Is there NOTHING out there at the $50 price tag range that has software to allow for configurable buttons for functions!? I find this really pathetic!

I have noticed the foobar community has developed apps for andriod and iphones that allow for skipping tracks etc for foobar, that's really nice, but i dont have an iphone or andriod phone/device.

So people, please help me, I'm just dying for a simple wireless/bluetooth device that is small enough to be clipped to clothing to allow play/pause, skip etc for foobar/winamp etc. Has anyone got any ideas?

I have a smallish logitech nano vx mouse that i can configure buttons to do fucntions such as Next, Previous, vol up and down etc, but its a mouse! I might HAVE to mod it and attach a clip onto it so i can wear it lol! But even then i ran out of buttons for functions like shuffle on/off etc.

But the problem with logitech's setpoint software anyway is its so unpredictable with its configuration for its devices. I have 3 logitech mice, and they all vary in what you can and cannot assign to their fucntions :S
Besides configuring a mouse is not my ideal scenario anyway.

Am i going to be forced to buy an archos 32 or 43 and run an app on it? Seems alot of money to spend for what i want :/

Please people, any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]