android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Other Brands

Old 09-14-2011, 06:32 AM

Default Polaroid PMP431-4 4GB mp3 player with touch screen

I have the Polaroid PMP431-4 4GB mp3 player with touch screen. I really like this player- it's easy to use and it works very well. I have dropped it ALOT but never damaged it beyond scratching the case. Yesterday, I dropped it while standing on a ladder. Now it has 3 cracks in the bottom right corner of the display and the touch screen isn't working. There are no outside buttons so navigating through the software is impossible. Is there any software I can install to help me navigate without using the touch screen? I also use the player to watch video clips, view pictures, read text ebooks, and of course listen to music so I need some software that will enable me to use it but without the touch screen. With a usb data cable I am able to listen to music through the usb input in my car stereo. I can also scan, skip, pause, and play the music on my player with the car stereo's controls and remote efficiently. If I can do this, surely I can do more. I appreciate any advice and feedback. Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No software exists that will bypass the touch screen, if it still plays via your car stereo consider yourself lucky. I would think you should still be able to use it while connected to your pc as well.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-15-2011, 06:39 PM

Wink Thanks!

I appreciate your input & quick reply. I will consider myself lucky and I can still connect it to my pc for file transfer. I'm going to miss watching videos on it. Maybe I can find another for a good price. Thank you.