android
Old 09-12-2011, 07:42 AM

Unhappy D3, x.55 F/W and Bluetooth

I recently bought the D3 and I wish I had found this site before I spent my cash. However I am here and I installed the EU .55 F/W and then tried to use the D3 with the Bluetooth to the car radio. Sometimes it works but at other times it plays for a few seconds and then switches to 'pause' (on the car and the D3 display). It doesn't seem to matter how many times you restart it, within seconds it is paused again. Has anyone else come across this?

I usually (whether it is working properly or not) also get a pop-up on the D3 saying that the 'Music Application is not responding. Do I want to force it closed or Wait'. Is this just another of the D3's bizarre multi-tasking issues or is there some way to avoid this?

I would add that I'm new to PMPs so maybe the next bit is just naivety on my part but I find the 'documentation' and Cowon's 'support' more than sparse - on just about every subject!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-13-2011, 10:32 AM

'Sometimes it works but at other times it plays for a few seconds and then switches to 'pause' (on the car and the D3 display). It doesn't seem to matter how many times you restart it, within seconds it is paused again. Has anyone else come across this?'

This happens to me too. I have to:

1. Highlight the bluetooth car connection name on my D3 list
2. Hold it down until the D3 asks if I want to 'Disconnect & Unpair'
3. Re-pair the device.

It's an absolute pain to do every time I get in the car (especially if you've got a phone bluetoothed in too as it will initially disconnect this pairing!)

You should only need to do it once per journey though as most cars should hold the settings fro an hour or so even when the engine's off...

Perhaps more learned members than I can advise!

Old 09-13-2011, 12:57 PM

Help A kind of relief . .

to know I'm not missing something obvious. Thanks.

I wonder how many firmware fixes Cowon will need to make this work right.

Which leads me to two new questions:

- Is there anywhere 'official' to report problems like this? Cowon's FAQ and Q&A seem like the digital equivalent of a ghost town.

- Does anyone know roughly how long Cowon continue to provide firmware updates before they move onto the next product? Do we have an evens chance of getting to 'Ice Cream Sandwich' or is even 'Honeycomb' pushing it?