android
Old 09-11-2011, 08:41 PM

Default Modding the internal memory

I was wondering if anyone has looked into replacing the internal memory of the Clip+ with something with more capacity. I know my friend was able to open up his old iPod and replace the memory with a larger chip, but it depends on the hardware inside of the Clip+. Does anyone know if this is possible? I'd prefer to just have more internal memory than using the expansion slot.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

While it is likely to be possible to accomplish, it is probably not economical or easy for the average person to do. Since the player is so tiny, there is also a very real risk of destroying the player if you don't have the right tools, or don't know what you are doing. Why look for problems? Why risk a player that is working okay?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosphoer View Post
I was wondering if anyone has looked into replacing the internal memory of the Clip+ with something with more capacity. I know my friend was able to open up his old iPod and replace the memory with a larger chip, but it depends on the hardware inside of the Clip+. Does anyone know if this is possible? I'd prefer to just have more internal memory than using the expansion slot.
The iPod is totally different. I've swapped out the HDD and even popped in a CF card on a few models in the past,...quite an easy thing to do. Changing out the memory chip in a clip+ requires desoldering/soldering, and is a WAYYYYYY more involved task. Not easy, and not really anything like swapping an iPod HDD.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:43 AM

Look at this:

and ask yourself if/how you would replace the memory chip...

As others have said why risk a working player when you can simply pop-in a higher capacity microSD card?