android
Old 09-05-2011, 02:54 PM

Default Newbie question re: Cowon sound quality

Hi there,

I just sold my Fuze+ as the interface was driving me a bit loony! I am strictly interested in a very good sounding FLAC player and have read the numerous excellent reviews of the J3. Would I be spending too much for too many features that I will likely never use in the J3, or is there an equivalent sounding Cowon player without the bells and whistles of the J3 that would suit me better? I don't need radio, video or photo options.

Thanks!

Paul_

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Take your pick of any one that has the features you want. You can check here as to why. Not just graphs but volume matched listening tests that say they sound alike. The C2 is less expensive due to things like having a different screen type and resolution but it will sound the same. That leaves you free to shop features not sound quality.

While you are certainly free to use any codec you like you may not be aware that except with certain very rare killer samples it's nearly impossible to hear any difference between FLAC and a well encoded -V2~-V0 .mp3 file. I'm not saying that to say that you shouldn't use FLAC. However me passing that along may widen your choices as to which player to choose.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
While you are certainly free to use any codec you like you may not be aware that except with certain very rare killer samples it's nearly impossible to hear any difference between FLAC and a well encoded -V2~-V0 .mp3 file.
Let's not go there....... I'll just continue to say 'NO!' to MP3s!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:20 AM

I took the plunge and bought a J3. The sound quality is certainly better than the Fuze+'s and the menu system is infinitely more intuitive. I sure would have liked wi-fi though.......maybe next time.