android
Old 08-26-2011, 11:58 PM

What's the verdict on the Clip Zip's redesigned D-Pad? Looks more difficult to use to me than that of the Clip+, especially for those with large hands.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-27-2011, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
@ Sinocelt,

yeh i was just messing around.
Don't mess with me!
Don't MESS with ME!

Or I'll cry.

And you won't like it when I cry.

Quote:
I do agree with you, the clip on the clip+ aint good. Or maybe we just got faulty ones :S
Nah, I've read complaints in other forums too, and SanDisk wouldn't feel the need to state that the new clip is sturdier if they hadn't received a fair deal of complaints about the Clip+ one.

It's simple physics: two tiny bits of plastic against a metal spring weren't quite up to the job.

Quote:
But although mine is bulkier it still has the same physical profile once clipped onto shorts or whatnot, it really doesnt add any more thickness to real term use, just when its sitting there it looks big lol.
I wear it as a necklace, often under my T-shirt. So any bulge is more easily visible.

Quote:
I preferred the clip on the clip v2. The removable thing was good. Shoulda just supplied a few replacement clips as well in case they break or get lost etc. Nice to be able to have the device thinner if wanted with the removal of a clip tis what i say.

But I still think the clips are made upside down, they should fit the other way around.
Or from the side?

Old 08-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post
Or from the side?
Nah i meant upside down, like when its clipped to yer shorts and u want to check quickly on the screen or skip a track, makes more sense to have it clipped this way, no twisting or turning of the player, just glance down and lift it up etc

Old 08-27-2011, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Nah i meant upside down, like when its clipped to yer shorts and u want to check quickly on the screen or skip a track, makes more sense to have it clipped this way, no twisting or turning of the player, just glance down and lift it up etc
Gotcha.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson Dyle View Post
What's the verdict on the Clip Zip's redesigned D-Pad? Looks more difficult to use to me than that of the Clip+, especially for those with large hands.
Good question. I personally never liked the square pad on the Clip+, which made it too easy for me to press two buttons instead of one. I like the round pad on the original Clip better.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson Dyle View Post
Quote:
Good question. I personally never liked the square pad on the Clip+, which made it too easy for me to press two buttons instead of one. I like the round pad on the original Clip better.
I kinda like it, but I don't have huge hands either.

For the spot where I wear a Clip, the crucial controls for me are the volume and the play/pause, which I need to be able to find blind.....so the new control surface actually works better for that.

And the customizable menus mean that I don't need to go left and right through the menus nearly as often as on the older model.

Sinocet mentions the old circular D-pad from the original Clip, that always bugged me because it was shaped like a wheel but didn't spin....so when they went to the square one on the Clip+, it seemed logical to me.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Sinocet mentions the old circular D-pad from the original Clip, that always bugged me because it was shaped like a wheel but didn't spin....so when they went to the square one on the Clip+, it seemed logical to me.
The Clip's round pad made it easier for me to press only the button I wanted; the Clip+'s square pad made it too easy for me to press two buttons instead of one. The Clip Zip's pad is rectangular but bigger, so maybe I wouldn't have the same problem.

Yes, I confess to having big hands.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

@ Bruce and Sinocelt.....

I like the clip part right where it is. I have always bought T-shirts with a chest pocket ( a hold-over from the days when I was a smoker) and I clip it to the outside of the pocket, facing towards me.
(pardon the pics taken while I am half asleep)

So I can just reach with my right hand to pause or adjust the volume, wihtout needing to look...and I can just tilt the thing out a little bit to read the screen if I need to.

Who knows, this placement may be the reason why I never break clips.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:09 AM

@Marvin the Martian

An excellent review, Could you please shed some light on the SQ part? Is it better than the clip+ or equal to the clip+?

Thanks

Old 08-27-2011, 03:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_jollyguy View Post
@Marvin the Martian

An excellent review, Could you please shed some light on the SQ part? Is it better than the clip+ or equal to the clip+?

Thanks
I really can't say right now, as I am in the middle of reloading it with music. If they're not exactly the same, the difference is very, very small, since they have the same chip on the inside.

I'm just getting over an ear infection, which through the process of writing the review kept me from doing much in the way of back-to-back SQ comparisons.....I'm hoping to remedy that over the next day or so while it rains outside.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

LOL marvin lovin the pics, i love how much crazy detail goes into these threads. My wife looks at me with concern lol.

U might also have convinced me to buy t-shirts with chest pockets lol.

Old 08-27-2011, 04:46 AM

Question Not there yet?

Where did you get the 8 Gb version? I can't find it in stock.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Where did you get the 8 Gb version? I can't find it in stock.
Right from SanDisk......I was one of the pre-release beta testers. They wanted feedback from real-world users, criticism and all.....maybe because of the big Fuze+ failure last year, hard to say.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:28 AM

Darn you!

Sansa doesn't sell MP3 players in Taiwan. They tried (I bought my Clip+ here), but the sales weren't satisfactory. So if I want a Clip Zip, I've got to buy it in the States. A friend of mine is going to send me stuff from there, so I thought I could take advantage of the opportunity, but if I want to do so, I'll have to be content with the 4 Gb version, apparently, which is just a little cramped for an audiobook lover.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Before somebody jumps in and says "memory cards are cheaper than internal memory anyways" in response to your comment, I'll jump in and say that I would want as much internal memory as I could get, card slot or not.

But unfortunately, it sounds like you'll have to go the memory card route. They are a lot cheaper than they used to be, if that's any consolation.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Right from SanDisk......I was one of the pre-release beta testers. They wanted feedback from real-world users, criticism and all.....maybe because of the big Fuze+ failure last year, hard to say.
Real users for beta testing is very smart of San Disk. The others need to take note.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:14 AM

Who sells the clip zip atm?

Old 08-27-2011, 09:19 AM

best buy I know does

Old 08-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
best buy I know does
Haven't checked today, but yesterday it didn't appear to be in stock at the Buffalo area Best Buys.

Steve

Old 08-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Default You don't say where you are ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapide_23 View Post
Who sells the clip zip atm?
I'd suggest you search for results that will be meaningful to you. Your location makes results from just about anywhere else not very useful in your search for one.

Closed Thread

Tags
clip zip, sandisk, sdxc compatibilty