android
Old 08-24-2011, 04:45 AM

Default 70-80$ Closed Headphones?

Hello!

I still truly enjoy my own TMA-1 headphones but recently my friend's Sennheiser HD 201s broke on him after only owning them in a half year. A shame, since he really liked them.

Anyway, this gives him an opportunity to try something new. His only requirement is that the build quality is good.

Price Range: ~70$
Type/Design: Full size headphones. Closed Style.
Circumaural: Ellipsoid or Supra-aural I guess. He has previously owned the HD 201s, so preferably something along that line.
Primary location of use: On the go. Almost every day.
Preferable SQ or Sound Signature: Along the lines of the HD 201s is my guess. He doesn't know and unfortunately I never had a good chance to listen to the HD 201s.
Media: It's very mixed. He listens to a little bit electronical, a little bit Rock and a little bit Pop.
Source: His portable player, an old non-modified iPod Classic. No volume restrictions, it's from the US.

Could you guys help me out on this one? Don't worry, Your expertise is appreciated a lot.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-24-2011, 05:33 AM

Sennheiser hd280 pro's might do the trick. No personal experience... The refurbs are going cheap.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:49 AM

Thank you sideways!

One question I couldn't exactly get an answer to on Google: Is that cable detachable?

EDIT: Neither seem to ship to Denmark unfortunately so this might be a no-go. Anything from amazon.de, amazon.co.uk or any other online store in Europe would be very welcome as the shipping is lower then!

Last edited by Urne; 08-24-2011 at 05:59 AM.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't think its detachable. I have a set of JVC m750 cans and I enjoy them. I picked them up for $50. Also the Sennheiser hd428 is a good set and can be had for about the same price. I have owned both and would recommend them.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 AM

Thank you IDvsEGO, we both appreciate your help!

My friend's only worry is that the next pair of headphones will break because of the cable once again. A few questions on that topic:

-Have you had any issues with the cable on either headphones?
-In case the cable gets faulty over time, is it possible to replace it somehow?

Tags
advice, closed headphones, hd 201