android
Old 08-07-2011, 03:45 PM

Default Samsung YP-R0 Firmware 1.25 Issue

I bought the Samsung YP-R0 for my dads birthday, which is August the 19th. We decided to put some music on for him. Upgraded the firmware to 1.25 and all was fine until we starting putting music onto the device.

It now does system checking then tells me its updating the library and just turns of, it does this every time I turn it on. Tried resetting etc but to no avail. I did notice through reading this blog that this was happening with older firmware versions of the device, but assumed that it would have been fixed with the new firmware?

Do I have to take the player back for an exchange or can this be fixed?

Thanks

Last edited by neosegauk; 08-07-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Samsung Moderator

Hello, this is a common issue. Not sure still a new thread about it was useful though.

This issue will never be totally fixed (many causes have already been fixed in previous firmwares but it seems there is a countless number of causes and maybe you just discovered a new cause).

You can't fix it yourself as the recovery tool is not available to the general public. You're obliged to take it back for an exchange.

BUT a new modded firmware 2.10 will be released soon and it will include a Device Rescue Kit allowing to save yourself the device (delete the library database and format NAND) when facing this famous issue.
So when you get back a working R0, please upgrade to this firmware.
More info about this firmware here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=64236

Last edited by lebellium; 08-07-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Hello, this is a common issue. Not sure still a new thread about it was useful though.

This issue will never be totally fixed (many causes have already been fixed in previous firmwares but it seems there is a countless number of causes and maybe you just discovered a new cause).

You can't fix it yourself as the recovery tool is not available to the general public. You're obliged to take it back for an exchange.

BUT a new modded firmware 2.10 will be released soon and it will include a Device Rescue Kit allowing to save yourself the device (delete the library database and format NAND) when facing this famous issue.
So when you get back a working R0, please upgrade to this firmware.
More info about this firmware here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=64236
I see that I MUST release it...The DRK is useful for many people. The "only" bad thing is that it works only on devices update to 2.10 modded firmware: if the issue occurs before, no chance. Just remember to install it after samsung service!

Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 PM

Hi Guys,

Im really unsure what to do, im deffo going to take it back its just the reliability of the player. Really Samsung should have released new software instead of trying to bodge fix the existing software. Sorry for the rant guys but im a programmer and the way this players software works is a joke.

I may exchange for something better, any recommendations?

Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Samsung Moderator

Yes we are all aware of that but the player is already 2 years old and Samsung has stopped the firmware support.

But with our modded firmwares + Rockbox the R0 will be an awesome player

If you want something similar without the bugs, take a look at the Q3 http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/01/s...-yp-q3-review/

Old 08-14-2011, 12:24 AM

Glad I know about these bugs ahead of time because mine works perfect so far and I don't want to mess that up, so I won't do any updates.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Samsung Moderator

Not updating it not safe either. The library update issue may occur with ANY firmware.
The only safe firmware is the 2.10 modded thanks to the DRK.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Not updating it not safe either. The library update issue may occur with ANY firmware.
The only safe firmware is the 2.10 modded thanks to the DRK.
...and a microSD in case of problems
Flash it: it is safe and it could save money for you!