android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Site Related > MP3 Player News

Old 01-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

What's the allure of these beats? I tried listening to most of these headphones and I can conclude this: They are over rated, over priced, under performing, pieces of crap! I also can't see anything special of building in the beats sound engine to laptops and phones. This is plain crazy!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
What's the allure of these beats? I tried listening to most of these headphones and I can conclude this: They are over rated, over priced, under performing, pieces of crap! I also can't see anything special of building in the beats sound engine to laptops and phones. This is plain crazy!
It's "status".....people know they are expensive so they think others will believe they are cool and affluent if they are seen wearing them.

Of course, nobody would look cool wearing these!

justbeats_610x331.jpg

Old 01-14-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
If you sell anything with a celebrity's endorsement, people will likely eat it up regardless of its quality. Can't say how well the Beats work in the laptops/phones but I've seen some Dell XPS laptops with decent speakers by JBL.

Maybe I should wear my A900s to class to show the Beats-wearing crowd something that is at least decent (and is much less expensive)

Old 01-14-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El C View Post
If you sell anything with a celebrity's endorsement, people will likely eat it up regardless of its quality.
Ah so then its the same marketing method as Proactiv I assume? Get a bunch of celebrities to support it and people will buy it lol

Old 01-14-2012, 10:50 PM

Thump, Thump, Thump

Ka-ching!

Thump, Thump...

Old 01-15-2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El C View Post
If you sell anything with a celebrity's endorsement, people will likely eat it up regardless of its quality. Can't say how well the Beats work in the laptops/phones but I've seen some Dell XPS laptops with decent speakers by JBL.

Maybe I should wear my A900s to class to show the Beats-wearing crowd something that is at least decent (and is much less expensive)
you are comparing JBL with Beats/monster/Justin Bieber?! that's an insult. comparing an old noble brand with a .....
somewhere I saw a poster his Avatar was Justin Bieber I told him this can only mean two things you're homo or you're a 14 year old girl.
------------------
right now iPhone4s 64GB is 1800$ in my country & it's a high seller product! there are some stuff that I will never understand they don't fit in my standards

Last edited by PEACEFUL1; 01-15-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:15 PM

Yeah, that wasn't really a fair comparison since the Beats Audio in laptops are just EQ settings IIRC.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

With cell phones being the new MP3 player, any phone manufacturer that wants to appeal to young buyers is wanting to claim they know something about audio. Thus HTC buying into Beats. Expect everyone else to do a similar move/slide/investment.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Not everyone. We won't see "iPhone by 50 Cent" or any other such thing....the public already associates iphones with music.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Not everyone. We won't see "iPhone by 50 Cent" or any other such thing....the public already associates iphones with music.
Uhm... Apple started this trend by already have an iPod/iTunes app/store on the iPhone. In other words, they CAME from media players. Samsung rolled their media player division into their mobile division awhile back, but retain some of that history and reputation in their phones. Windows Phone7 devices have the Zune marketplace and history/rep to run with. Yes, the "public" uses their phones for music, but when their taste (music awareness) improves they'll be looking for phones that do music better than the generic motorola does.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I just want a phone with a good media player (as in iphone) that has the battery life of the RAZR MAXX!!! That thing has 21hrs of talk time, so I'd give it maybe 30hrs music runtime - not bad at all. And Motorola has good audio sq to boot. I want that, and then screw a portable media player.

And the ONLY reason we're not sold on Beats Audio is because we know better, and the average joe/Jane doesn't. The cellphone isn't the "next wave" of media player - it's the current trend.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:27 PM

the cellphone can't totally take over the portable music player market because of :

1)battery life
2)wight
3)sound settings
4)format support(types,Quality 24bit 192kHz)
5)complete support of file tags & album art
6)screen Quality & size
7)sound Quality

for sure we will always see some players with better DAC & amp than all cellphones. but the point is it still worth to pay an extra 200-600 for a player or is it worth to carry an extra gadget outdoors when your cellphone can nearly do all the work that you may expect from a player.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

All of those issues are being addressed already Peace,... The battery life is last on the list apparently.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:41 AM

If they start pushing beats audio in Taiwan... oh HELL NO

Youth culture there has already degenerated enough.

Turn down the volume when playing music. Your ears will thank you.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

In related news: C/O The Verge

Monster will no longer make Beats headphones

Quote:
Beats audio has become a pretty familiar brand around these parts: in addition to the ubiquitous headphones, the company has licensed its brand to HP and is majority owned by HTC ó both of which manufacture an increasing number of Beats-branded products. Regardless, it's the headphones that built the brand, and the future of who will be manufacturing them is a little more cloudy today as Beats and Monster will not be renewing their contract. Sources told Business Week that the split happened because of a disagreement over (what else?) money and credit, with each company believing it deserved more of both.

Monster, for its part, is going to move ahead and attempt to (re)build a headphone empire based on the Monster brand. That's the short term plan. The long term plan isn't clear but one fairly obvious move would be to merge with or buy out SOL Republic, a headphone company founded by Kevin Lee who happens to be son of Monster founder Noel Lee. Lee the younger, despite running his competing headphone brand, has said that he would be "honored' to take over the leading role of Monster someday, adding "Cut me open, Iím a monster and will always be a monster." Given Monster's mixed brand image (especially amongst anybody who know about cables), a partnership with SOL Republic would make a lot of sense.

Beats also has a murky future. The company will surely continue to license its brand out, but who will make headphones is unclear. It just so happens to be majority owned by HTC and HTC just so happens to be a manufacturer of consumer electronics. Even if HTC and Beats don't decide to go down that road, you can be sure that given the amount of money and marketshare that Beats has managed to snatch up, they'll find a way to ensure that there are many many more Beats-branded headphones to come.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Unfortunately, the last sentence of that quote is probably true...

Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
Unfortunately, the last sentence of that quote is probably true...
I agree bro, I totally agree.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:17 PM

if you're a Fan this theme will cheer you up

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jfmhclmlmpgclp

Last edited by PEACEFUL1; 02-21-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEACEFUL1 View Post
if you're a Fan this theme with cheer you up

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jfmhclmlmpgclp
Why, Google, why? I've always respected their software, but if this is permitted, I may have to rethink things...

Old 02-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Because some deaf fan made a theme,...but why it's posted here is beyond me. It's a damn crime I say.

Tags
dr.dre, headphone, htc, idiocy, monster beats, nokia