android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon J3 > Cowon J3 UCI (Skins/Themes)

Old 08-01-2011, 12:42 AM

Default is there any custom uci that has the ability to delete music files from j3?

Is there any uci that has the ability to delete tracks from my j3? so say im looking at a song and i dont like it anymore, is there a button that will delete it completely from my j3?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 PM

I don't know about the J3 but the S9 has this ability to do this with the stock UI. You have to make sure you are browsing by folder though. If you can't do it on the J3 then Klaus browser, Leaf Browser (by Kizune) and claw's browser can all do it.

Klaus: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33617

Leaf: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showth...959#post318959

Claw: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41390 (you only need the browser total.swf I think but it would be usefull if you also installed the user settings so you can change the settings of your browser to how you wish)

Last edited by !"$%^&*(; 08-01-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:09 PM

The J3 can delete files in folder browsing mode as well (not via tag browsing).

Old 08-02-2011, 04:58 AM

If you are using the standard Music app, tap the top left icon in the blue bar to browse for files/tracks. Navigate to the folder where the file is then tap the X in the bottom row. It will turn red and deactivate the other bottom row icons. Then when you tap on a file you will get a pop up of a circle and an X. Tapping on the circle will delete the file, or tapping on the X will remove the pop up box. Tap on the X in the bottom row will stop the delete function and reactivate the other icons.

This will still work if the custom music app uses the standard browser function or you launch the browser app from the main menu.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:11 PM

Followed the said instructions on Browser mode, selected the 'x', then selected a song to delete, then got a message do I wish to cancel or continue, confirmed to continue, then I got an 'Error!' at the top of the screen. Any tips ???

Old 09-10-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteswim View Post
Followed the said instructions on Browser mode, selected the 'x', then selected a song to delete, then got a message do I wish to cancel or continue, confirmed to continue, then I got an 'Error!' at the top of the screen. Any tips ???
I don't understand how you got a message asking if you wish to cancel or continue, as the browser only uses shapes for the messages. Cowon did this so they didn't have to translate any messages according to the language set, so the dialogue only shows a circle or a X (unless this is what you mean).

As the files are stored in flash memory (or on a micro SD card) there should be no reason why you can't delete them as they cannot be locked. The only possible reason would be that you are playing that file in the music app, then use the browser to delete the same file. It might come up with an error as the file is still being accessed. Select a different song in the music app, then use the browser to select and delete the original file. Similarly you can delete a folder by follow the previous instructions and selecting the folder rather than the files inside it.