android
Old 07-31-2011, 11:53 AM

Default Album art problem

Recently purchased (25 July) the J3 to replace my Zen XFI2. Copied all my music files to the J3 but noticed that only half of the ablbum art showed up. This even happened when there were 2 or 3 cd sets; one of the cds had the album art the others didn't. I checked all of the music folders and all the album art is still with each album in my collection; again only half show when i play the j3. \All the music files are WMA.
I'm using the latest firmware 2.25.

Appreciate any suggerstions on retrieving the rest of the art.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-02-2011, 01:38 PM

Did you change how the player is conectet to the pc in the settings? The same thing happened to me, when I changed that. I needet the other conection-typ for my audible-content. And every album I transfered after that did not have albumarts. So I changed conection-typ (don't know how it is called) back, transfered the albums again and there it is: all albums have covers.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:42 PM

I have the same problem. I thought its a problem with the song itself but then I tried with my old sony mp4 player, it works fine. So well.. How do u change the connection type? :\

Old 08-02-2011, 01:50 PM

What I mean is in the settings, system, USB Mode: there is MSC and MTP.
I am no expert of what those mean but with me it hase to be MSC for the albumart to work proper.
Hope this helps.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:49 PM

Album art in album folders MUST be named : cover.jpg

You cannot use "folder.jpg" or any other name. It MUST be named "cover.jpg".

I know nothing about WMA files, and I don't know if they have their own tags, which may further include imbedded album art JPG inside the tag. But theoretically, the J3 officially supports ID3 tags, FLAC tags, and APE tags. And each of these three tags does support the optional presence of imbedded album art JPG inside of the tags.

I believe that if a music file has an imbedded album art JPG inside of its tag, and there is also an external "cover.jpg" image in the album folder, that the imbedded tag JPG will take precedence on the J3 and be displayed. The external "cover.jpg" image is used by default for any music file that does not contain its own imbedded JPG album art inside its tag.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:34 AM

Ah, what DSperber discribs with a jpg in the folder is not what I do, just because I did not know abaut this possibility.
I always tag my mp3s with an imbedded album art. So what I wrote above is ment for this kind of albumart.