android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Software & Media > Media > Music

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2011, 06:58 AM

Lightbulb Looking for music like Porcupine tree's

I recently found out about this band, Porcupine Tree from a friend. Recently in the sense, nearly 2 years I think :P Its still recent enough compared to how long the bands been around.

I've fallen headfirst in love with their music- its not always I enjoy ALL the music made by a band. I've yet to find something that matches their integrity, complexity and structure. These guys are just too awesome for their own good. Love every damn aspect about them. They're pretty much the only thing I've been listening to since the last couple of years; everything else and new seems like shit to me. Its really sad they're not praised by many, and not popular enough. Some reason them to be not radio friendly. My ass.

Thing is, I've been hunting for more bands like them, not their kind of music, but something that matches the kind of accomplishments they've put out so far.

Some friends recommended Opeth and Dream Theater as being similar to PT. I did enjoy some of their music, but I felt Dream Theatre lacked the production value compared to PT, which feels very intricately finetuned to the very last detail. And I absolutely HATE death growls.

Other stuff I ardently listen to include various genres, including Coldplay, Lights, PF, Adam Young, Blackfield, Darren Hayes, The Boxer Rebellion, E-Flat, One Republic, and Depeche Mode (now and then) - I don't listen to rap all that much.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]