android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 07-25-2011, 11:43 PM

I saw a J3 box in there too!! its not just headphones!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

hurrhurr, Im going to Hong Kong in 2 weeks . @Lestatar, is there a shop in Causeway Bay?

Old 07-28-2011, 10:03 AM

Mongkok has the best scene in my view; CWB has a few stores but nowhere close.

Lestatar - NYC/HK huh? Yea same history here, went to NYC for college but working in HK now. What a coincidence

Last edited by ypoknons; 07-28-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Fixed the abbreviations.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefhar View Post
... I get the "sanitary" tissues for those cans to try out, but what about IEMs? Do people just try them inside their ears without worries? ...
What I've seen at meets/shows/shops is that they give you the set of tips you used when your done or they throw them away. Some folks also go prepared and use their own tips. I could understand a small fee and you keep them too but that's not the norm.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-29-2011, 02:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindSpear View Post
I saw a J3 box in there too!! its not just headphones!!!!
Indeed, there are also a few i9s though they did say they may be stopping Cowon for a bit due to distribution issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouss View Post
hurrhurr, Im going to Hong Kong in 2 weeks . @Lestatar, is there a shop in Causeway Bay?
check your visitor messages bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypoknons View Post
Mongkok has the best scene in my view; CWB has a few stores but nowhere close.

Lestatar - NYC/HK huh? Yea same history here, went to NYC for college but working in HK now. What a coincidence
^ Yup. Exactly this. Causeway Bay is like glitzy and glammy. Sure there are good small shops to be found for stuff like this, but pricing is usually higher as well. And trust me guys, so far I have found NOTHING close to Mingos in MongKok.

@ypoknons: check your visitor messages - love to connect with you if possible. Am making a new life in HK and looking for friends, always

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
What I've seen at meets/shows/shops is that they give you the set of tips you used when your done or they throw them away. Some folks also go prepared and use their own tips. I could understand a small fee and you keep them too but that's not the norm.
Yep, they do all the above at Mingo's. I believe I may have seen some kind of tip sanitizer behind the counter as well, with some sterilizing solution that is safe for silicon/rubber.

They have sample tips, they have no issues with people using their own tips...HK is indeed a place where pretty much everyone can be VERY CONCERNED with hygiene, especially in light of SARS. This is a common everyday site:

But kind of a dichotomy as there are still many elements and people who do nasty stuff like hawk and spit on the streets. Same as anyplace in the world. But for sure, the people who go to places like Mingos and the like are all very sanitary-conscious from what I have seen.

WG, when you flying over buddy? Got a room for you too!
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Last edited by lestatar; 07-29-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:54 AM

ummm... wow. Great find les!!!
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 08-03-2011, 05:31 AM

Wow! Looks like this place has got much more stuff than places like Yodobashi in Japan. Even the big one in Akihabara in Tokyo!

Love the sanitary paper on the headphones. The Japanese are very concerned with hygiene, but the sample headphones in Japan are just hanging there, used by everyone.
If you are an IEM type person, at least there is wet tissue to wipe the tips off...
DAP collection:Cowon S9; Cowon X5V; Creative Zen Vision M; Creative Zen Touch; iRiver H120; JVC XA-HD500; Kenwood HD20GA7; Rio Carbon; Rio Karma; Samsung YH-J70; Sansa Clip+; Sansa View; Sony HD5; Toshiba Gigabeat F20
Earphones:too many to mention...