android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphone Amplifiers (Portable)

Old 07-25-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I see it's pointless for me to keep replying, give it time and you will see the light if you do the proper testing. In the simplest explanation an amplifier takes a small signal and outputs a similar yet stronger signal. In that sense, the amplifier ultimately makes sounds louder by enabling you to apply a larger voltage to your headphones. BTW dfkt already made a few good recommendations, "Headstage Arrow, Corda Headsix, Digizoid ZO, and Hippo Box." If you want to spend more I'd add the HeadAmp Pico because I like it much better than the slim but that's double the spend he recommended and the Arrow is much thinner than the original Pico with a few extra features.

Edit: underlined the output
okay okay whatever. I am looking for something that would be able to power most high end headphone as well. Say the cheapest portable amp that can power the Ultrasone Pro 900.

I'll have a look at the headamp pico. I don't really care about size. Mainly use it at work.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimYoung View Post
okay okay whatever. I am looking for something that would be able to power most high end headphone as well. Say the cheapest portable amp that can power the Ultrasone Pro 900.

I'll have a look at the headamp pico. I don't really care about size. Mainly use it at work.
If you are still looking then you should also really look at the fiio e11, it is awesome. Very clean output from the line out of a Sony A845. Good RMAA results.

I gives more power than many other portable amps (like the e7 and the digizoid zo) and is cheap too (a steal).

Old 08-13-2011, 07:43 AM

Actually, got my Sony A845 yesterday and didn't find any problems with the volume. The volume limiter thing I could switch off so don't really need a portable amp. Quite happy with the music now.

What I might look to get is the upcoming Fiio E17 which would work with my Fiio e9. It has the same amp as the Fiio e11 plus a DAC. Wanna try out how much a DAC would improve my sound.

Last edited by TimYoung; 08-13-2011 at 02:28 PM.