android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2011, 05:35 AM

Default Neutron Music Player

This is a rather new music player for Android devices, and it is aimed at audiophiles. It has very impressive specs, including non-standard features like crossfeed, Ambiophonic R.A.C.E. DSP, perfect gapless etc., plus the widest codec support of any Android player. It is currently the only player with true gapless. Poweramp claims to have it, but the transitions between tracks might produce a pop (at least with MP3).

There are problems using it on some devices, though, including mine (HTC Desire HD). The main problem is that the program doesn't always respond when you touch a button. The website doesn't specify which phones it works on, or not. But it needs Android 2.1 and above, and a processor of 1 Ghz and above. It is reported to work perfectly on Samsung phones. The developer is working on a fix for the problem, and I hope he succeeds.

Some don't like the UI, especially the small font size. But it gives a very detailed feedback. I think that the developer has started in the right end by concentrating on the audio playback features first. He can add fancy UI stuff later on if he like. In my ears this player sound fantastic, and that is what matters most to me.

Check it out at http://www.neutronmp.com/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]