android
Old 07-23-2011, 11:20 AM

No, I emailed him a few times but he hasn't responded yet.

Checked your thread, that's helpful I like the CC51 but the Nuforce model has left a lasting impression on me, especially with people praising its soundstage. But still, warranty is essential so I probably will look seriously at the CC51.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-24-2011, 02:59 PM

@agent_milo
I have heard many people complaining about the mids and not so strong bass, im also confused with the already limited options here with what should i go for under something like Rs.4k any suggestions(bass is my first preference).

Old 07-25-2011, 10:52 AM

@Manav
Which one are you talking about in particular, CC51 or 700X? Personally, anything that has more bass than the EP630s will make me happy. I listen to a lot of live shows and I guess too much bass may ruin the whole thing.

I'm still looking buying the 700x from amazon, seems like a really good piece. I do believe it'll suit my needs, especially with the wide soundstage and all.

Why don't you look at Hippo VB if bass is your preference? Esantosh said in a previous message that you can buy it off Jaben online.

EDIT : Here's a pretty decent review of the CC51.

Last edited by Agent_milo; 07-25-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:16 AM

I've had the S4 for about a year and I'd say they're really good.
Before I had Ultimate Ears Super Fi v2, which were about 50% more expensive, but the S4 sound quality is in my opinion much better.
I also read the review comparing it to the Hippo VB and the Denon AH for bass (here on abi).
So I just checked to be sure, played Nitrous from Bad Company and Upside Down from Bassnectar. They sound great on the S4. I hear everything clearly, and in detail, from the treble to the sub-bass frequencies.
Iíd say you canít go wrong with the S4 for good headphones under 100$.
My only problem is that after getting used to playing flac from the S4 from an audiophile soundcard, I was not able to stand the iphone/ipod mediocre sound quality anymore, and was "forced" to spend more money to get a sansa clip.
The headphones are almost two years old now, so itís possible there are better options that appeared since, but still they remain a safe bet in my opinion.