android
Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 AM

Arrow Right Replacement for Q-jays with Sony A847

Hello,

I bought the Q-jays in April this year and the sound is really great. Recently i discovered a crack in the housing of the right bud and the reseller will give me my money back... The reason for not buying another pair of q-jays is the lack of bass. The highs are really great, but i'm missing the impact in the lower region. However, the recoil of the bass is ok. They are also sounding a bit cold w/out EQ and the Clear Bass option on my A847. So i'm actually looking for some in ears with the same highs as the q's but with some more powerfull bass. I already looked around but i couldn't find anything really good so I hope you guys can help me,

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-14-2011, 09:44 AM

The Phonak Audeo PFE has slightly more bass, but its certainly not seismic. The highs are somewhat similar to the q-Jays though. I own both the Phonak and the q-Jays and I prefer the latter, but a lot of people value the Phonaks very highly.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:56 AM

You know, I find nearly all IEMs to sound flat without EQ on on the A847, only some full headphones sound good like that (like the AKG 240/241/242 for example).

For IEMs with decent bass, have a look at the top part of the table there:
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15243

For good trebles and rich bass, I would recommend (depending on your budget):

* JVC HA-FX700 (expensive because only available via japanese import at the moment). Their little brothers HA-FX1000 are cheaper and available in Europe/US, but have less clarity in the highs.
* Panasonic RP-HJE900 (relatively cheap, but may have more treble than you wish for).
* Sony MDR-EX1000 (very expensive in my opinion) or their little brothers EX600.
* Phonak PFE (with adequete filters). Cheap, available, although I'm sure you'll find filters to get both treble and bass to your liking.

As you see, they're all dynamic driver IEMs except the Phonak. If you choose armature-based IEMs (like your Q-jays), you'll have to play with the EQ a bit to increase basses. But other people here will give better suggestions than me for armature-based IEMs, I 'm sure.

Headphones: AKG K240-MKII
To sell: JVC HA-FX300, Philips SHE9850

Last edited by tienbasse; 07-14-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:10 AM

thanks for your advice, I already considered the panas, but it's really hard to get them here (Netherlands). Does anyone know a safe shop which ships to the Netherlands?

Old 07-14-2011, 05:41 PM

The Panas are becoming notoriously difficult to find in Europe...

I'm selling mine, just in case (replaced by FX700s): http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64050

Otherwise I know just one website selling them in France but I'm pretty sure they don't send to the Netherlands. Didn't find anything in the Netherlands...

You can also get them on Amazon.co.uk (they send anywhere in the EU) but the price in pounds makes them expensive and the delay is not specified.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:26 AM

Hej, i see you've also got the triple fi's for sale, can you post some pic's?

Old 07-15-2011, 06:32 PM

Check the sale topic, but like I said, it is really like new.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:44 AM

Okay, i did some research and the sennheiser ie7 might fit my preferences as well.
First, they have dynamic drivers which work better on the a84x serie and ive always liked the sennheiser sound (warm). Does anyone have some experience with the ie7? How is the bass, treble, mids etc compared to the q- jays?