android
Old 09-27-2011, 07:27 AM

Hi folks

Today I was doing some experiments about 200 MHz with DNSe enable: normally it gives jerky sound while backlight is off. But I found that setting the display "Always On" and running my own backlight driver (that turns off the light after X seconds, completely fine tunable hehe), while backlight becomes off the sound keeps fine!
So in conclusion, not more just a guess, R0 application makes something more than turning off light after x seconds by default. (maybe some internal components/registers or whatelse are set into a standby mode)
However my backlight "driver" is still a bit basic and not much responsive for now. Moreover, during a video playing the backlight turns itself off Not good, indeed. But it's a start and if it'll be good in the next release it will implement, so user can personalize it's timeout time (from 0 to the max integer value of the machine haha) and fine tune the intensity too

EDIT: forgot to say that in this way is possible to command the R0 even at first kick, without having to double press the key when light is off, (and possibily without backlight at all)

EDIT2: of course benchmarks are needed, although with dnse on, the battery life @ 200 MHz improves something like 7-8 hours. From 12 to 19-20 in the best cases. So with this trick, there must be surely a battery life improvement. Not only that, you will be free to select the way to control light ;=)

Last edited by Lorenz092; 09-27-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-28-2011, 01:41 PM

I thought: it would be good if the user's eq mode was not 2,and more, and the fixed just not an option, too weak, and it was the set up to different styles of music, or for example in different conditions. And not bad if for the equalizer settings't have to go out in the menu-settings-sound and so on... and when listening to tracks go in myDNSe choose one of the user and there is already adjust.Interesting,as far as it is real and need to do something like...

Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zema View Post
I thought: it would be good if the user's eq mode was not 2,and more, and the fixed just not an option, too weak, and it was the set up to different styles of music, or for example in different conditions. And not bad if for the equalizer settings't have to go out in the menu-settings-sound and so on... and when listening to tracks go in myDNSe choose one of the user and there is already adjust.Interesting,as far as it is real and need to do something like...
No way to do this, as already said
This is internal to R0 default application, thus without sources, we cannot edit nothing

Old 09-30-2011, 08:30 AM

Amazing job guys, here is some feedback from the users of my website:
1) One user has suggested to set backlight off time to 5 seconds, i answered him, that this is nearly impossible, but i'm not sure.
2)Another user reported that after locking the player and pressing power button for 4 seconds and the turning the device on it performs system checking and then updating database. is that ok?
At the moment i can't test latest firmware.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1105 View Post
Amazing job guys, here is some feedback from the users of my website:
1) One user has suggested to set backlight off time to 5 seconds, i answered him, that this is nearly impossible, but i'm not sure.
2)Another user reported that after locking the player and pressing power button for 4 seconds and the turning the device on it performs system checking and then updating database. is that ok?
At the moment i can't test latest firmware.
1) Well, I tried to write my own "driver" for backlight (using a bash script )...well it works (setting in the player Always on as display), it's basic tough and I still have to improve it. And yes only in this way could be possible; otherwise it will be maybe possible to edit the R0 application but then no customization is easily possible...

2) That's normal because sometimes R0 need a bit more than 5 seconds to complete it's cleanup (saving settings etc). Tell him: just press the key till the application begins to exit, the repress it till the complete reset
In this way it will work, the other way round no (for me happens the same sometimes)
ohoh you just gave me another feature to be implemented possibly...to find a way to call the "reboot" while user has kept pressed the turnoff key. So that's R0 will always completely shutdown!

EDIT: I plan to release a new version with mainly bugfixes (well not bugs, just some improvements) and possibly some new features...

Last edited by Lorenz092; 10-05-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:41 AM

Ok guys...I created for you another mod
I successfully "enabled" lyrics even on other region codes..It's just a gadget of course but if you want to try it, just download the file, connect R0 to a pc in safe mode.
Now enter into "NEO-GHOST" ("Samsung microSD" or "media1") volume, create a new folder called "Lib" (! case sensitive !) and copy into it the attached library file (so you will have Lib/libApplication.so.0 on your "hidden" drive).
Now safely remove the drive from the OS, reset device and turn it on. Go to->Now Playing->Music Play Screen->you can see the <new> "Lyrics" option.

Enjoy lyrics on every region code, I still have to test them tough haha

EDIT: next step will be to do the same with fonts (enable them all for all the languages and not only english/korean)

EDIT2: for who wants to know, I edited an R0 application library (this is quite like the GUI, event etc manager). Samsung tested (I guess) firware throug this NEO-GHOST memory and they left as environment variable (the path to pick the libraries) even media1/Lib; media1/Lib/ExtraLib and media1/ itself.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lyrics_enabler.zip (637.1 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Lorenz092; 10-06-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:12 AM

This is cool. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
Go to->Now Playing->Music Play Screen->you can see the <new> "Lyrics" option.
I can confirm this, but couldn't test it further because i don't have any songs with embedded lyrics (yet). I think I will look for some in the next days.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loderunner View Post
This is cool. Thanks a lot.

I can confirm this, but couldn't test it further because i don't have any songs with embedded lyrics (yet). I think I will look for some in the next days.
Thanks for reporting
Well it's a pity because I have some .lrc files along the mp3 but the device cannot read them in this way...Now I will test something...

EDIT: okay Lebellium sent me a sample file and yeah it works...

Last edited by Lorenz092; 10-06-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
I edited an R0 application library
Good news but how could this be? You said you have no R0 sources thus you cannot edit it, aren't you?

Is it possible now to improve other R0 features like cover handling?

Old 10-07-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
Good news but how could this be? You said you have no R0 sources thus you cannot edit it, aren't you?

Is it possible now to improve other R0 features like cover handling?
No wait...hehe you're right...I didn't specified what kind of modding is possible for me (at least).
So things like COMPLETELY create new features are impossible, but modifying a condition (here you need how a program works, otherwise you won't understand). Basically there is a condition like if region_code <= 0, then enable lyrics. I modded this condition (it's only just a bit to modify using IDA to find the place) to region_code => 0, so this way all region codes are working
Things like new features are impossible of course....

Old 10-16-2011, 04:46 AM

Lozenz092, please can you upload unmodified R0 application libraries.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimonp View Post
Lozenz092, please can you upload unmodified R0 application libraries.
??? Sorry but I don't understand...which libraries? Why?

Old 10-16-2011, 09:32 PM

Ops, wrong post, all *.so files from Lib folder. Or there are no more ?

Old 10-27-2011, 11:26 AM

Lorenz92, where are you ?

Old 10-28-2011, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimonp View Post
Lorenz92, where are you ?
Here

But ok I can post other libs indeed. But you could find them decrypting a firmware, and extracting them mounting the cramfs in a linux distro

i post only libs as they are about 12 mb!
here you are: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38710278/libR0.zip

PS: in this period I'm busy porting RockBox to R0...so be patient hehe
I will not release more modded firmwares: the next one (with some fixes & goodies) will be shipped to test RockBox I guess.
Still to see how to prepare everything

Old 11-10-2011, 06:04 AM

Hi all! Just found another egg from samsung lol

You should be able to format the nand placing an empty file named format_reset in /mnt/media1/ (ie: hidden drive)

Old 11-14-2011, 04:54 AM

Hi, I''m Ditto from Indonesia. I have a Samsung YP R0. I wanna use the hacked firmware 2.20. But I have few Questions :
1.) Does it increase the Sound Quality ?
2.) Whether DNSe still be used?
3.) What would happen if I fail ?

Sorry for my bad English,

thx

Old 11-14-2011, 05:17 AM
Samsung Moderator

Hey,

1) No,
2) Yes (with downclocking tool disabled)
3) If the upgrade fails then your R0 is bricked and you can't do anything except send it to the service center. But that should not happen. At least it did not happen for anyone among the 825 firmware 2.20 users hehe

Maybe you could be interested in dualboot Rockbox/fw 2.20 too. Check the Rockbox thread.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Hey,

1) No,
2) Yes (with downclocking tool disabled)
3) If the upgrade fails then your R0 is bricked and you can't do anything except send it to the service center. But that should not happen. At least it did not happen for anyone among the 825 firmware 2.20 users hehe

Maybe you could be interested in dualboot Rockbox/fw 2.20 too. Check the Rockbox thread.
Thx for your answers lebellium. Wow R0 can use Rockbox.. Okay I will check the Rockbox thread.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:37 AM

Lorenz092, could you please make a custom ROM with ability to run custom script from SD card (e.g. boot.sh &> boot.log) at each boot (without pressing any buttons unlike your ROM with rockbox). I'm not interested in rockbox and I want a try to integrate SD into main R0's library.

Tags
hack, hacking, mod, r0, samsung, yp-r0