android
Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 AM

Default German Translation

Hi,

thank you all for the great work. I'm really happy there's people like you doing things like this.

Here's an improved german translation which I hope you find useful. If not, please tell me how to do better.
Attached Files
File Type: txt [03]German_1.txt (53.0 KB, 9 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Samsung Moderator

Thanks! Will be included in next fw version
Meanwhile the Germans can add this file to the Sysdata folder in the NEO-GHOST memory.

Although Lorenzo and me speak and understand German, it's better when it's made by a native speaker hehe

So a little discussion about the translation:

-"My Design zurücks." > wouldn't it be better to put "Mein Design zurücksetzen" ?

-"Datum / Zeit" > I would let "Datum & Zeit" (with spaces) but well that's a detail we don't really care about^^

-"Persönl. Daten" > I like the default "My Info/Meine Info" style, it sounds more "personal" (yeah the R0 is my friend lol) but Lorenzo put "Informazoni utente" in Italian so why not... ok. But in this case why not rather "Persönliche Daten"?

-"DB-Aktualisierung" > Would any German user understand what "DB" means? "Bibliothek" is less techy language.

-Interpret, alben, titel, genre > some of these words are singular and others plural right? I guess it's better to put everything plural?

-"Autom. Sendersp." > Is the abbreviation useful?

-"Als Mein Design festl" > ???

Old 09-14-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Thanks! Will be included in next fw version
Meanwhile the Germans can add this file to the Sysdata folder in the NEO-GHOST memory.

Although Lorenzo and me speak and understand German, it's better when it's made by a native speaker hehe

So a little discussion about the translation:

-"My Design zurücks." > wouldn't it be better to put "Mein Design zurücksetzen" ?
Yes, that would be better. I was just trying to keep the expressions short to avoid scrolling. But apart from that, the longer is certainly better. I changed it.

Quote:
-"Datum / Zeit" > I would let "Datum & Zeit" (with spaces) but well that's a detail we don't really care about^^
So let's just take "Datum und Zeit"

Quote:
-"Persönl. Daten" > I like the default "My Info/Meine Info" style, it sounds more "personal" (yeah the R0 is my friend lol) but Lorenzo put "Informazoni utente" in Italian so why not... ok. But in this case why not rather "Persönliche Daten"?
Well, it actually is your Name and the Birthday. "Persönliche Daten" is the accurate description für this kind of data. I'd stick to it.

Quote:
-"DB-Aktualisierung" > Would any German user understand what "DB" means? "Bibliothek" is less techy language.
This was another try to keep it short and avoid scrolling. And "DB-Aktualisierung" is displayed each time when you disconnect the R0 from a PC having transferred files via MSC protocol. I thought the user can understand it at least as good as "Bibliothek" (which is usually one or more rooms full of books).

nb, Samsung, too, were not sure which term would be understood: They used "Aktualisierung der Bibliothek [DB]". I changed it to "Datenbank aktualisieren" now. Perhaps that's better?

Quote:
-Interpret, alben, titel, genre > some of these words are singular and others plural right? I guess it's better to put everything plural?
I never noticed this one. But I agree and put it plural.

Quote:
-"Autom. Sendersp." > Is the abbreviation useful?
No, you're right (again): It is really not useful or understandable. I had changed that in line 549 but missed 58f. They are now "Sendersuchlauf", too.

Quote:
-"Als Mein Design festl" > ???
I changed it.

Thanks a lot for reviewing!

Old 09-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Samsung Moderator

For the database/library I still don't know what's the best word to use in German.
The rest sounds good now indeed

Please upload the edited file so that I can check on my R0.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:27 AM

Finally a new language edited

Thanks you all for testing and giving your feedback

@natrixx: you're right. Probably that format uses much CPU instead of the hardware decoder...It happens that using flac the ui is a bit more laggy too.
Anyway it's nice you can notice some improvements hehe

Old 09-15-2011, 07:49 AM

magnifique, Lorenzo!
finaly I can read 30+ chars long song names (still looking for a better compressed light - aka non bold - font)
the downclock works fine, i'll make some tests later; if possible i'd like to ask you for a clock indicator somewhere (not only in ghost)

during this multiple rebootings i've experienced some system checking screens, but everything works fine. thx!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 AM

Default Reviewed german translation

Sorry. Forgot to attach the file. Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: txt [03]German_2.txt (53.0 KB, 8 views)

Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 AM

Hello
I've a problem. I can't activate Downcloking tool.

I followed the instructions: "To activate the downclocking tool make sure the R0 is fully off (press reset or keep the "power" button pressed for 5 seconds), then turn it on and as soon as you see the Samsung boot screen, press and hold the "user" button (...) until you see the home menu."
but, no changes.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Samsung Moderator

If you followed these instructions it probably works even if you don't notice any change. There is no clear indicator but here are the ways to check if it is activated:

-Go to the songs list, press & hold the up or down key. The scrolling is noticeably slower at 200MHz
-Listen to any song and enable a DNSe effect. When the display turns off you get a jerky sound playback. That means it runs at 200MHz^^
-Connect the R0 to the computer in Safe Mode. Go to the NEO-GHOST memory. If you see at the root the file "cpu_downclock.on" that means the downclocking tool is activated. If you don't see this file that means it is not activated.
-If you notice a battery life improvement, that means it works^^

@loderunner: Thanks, I'll check it!

Last edited by lebellium; 09-15-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:18 PM

Hello. The Downcloking tool is now activated!.
When I'm listen to any song and I enable a DNSe effect and the display turns off you get a jerky sound playback.
That means it runs at 200MHz.!
Thank you.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronideco View Post
Hello. The Downcloking tool is now activated!.
When I'm listen to any song and I enable a DNSe effect and the display turns off you get a jerky sound playback.
That means it runs at 200MHz.!
Thank you.
Indeed

EDIT: I was just wondering...Has anyone tested/benchmarked playing a video both with/without 200 MHz patch and again with/without DNSe (always in video mode, I mean)? Probably there no jerky sound even with dnse as the display stays on!
And possibly a quite noticeable battery life improvement...

Last edited by Lorenz092; 09-16-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:51 AM

I just wanted to try out my new language file, following this hint from Lebellium:

Quote:
So I switched the player to Safe Mode but couldn't find a Sysdata folder in there, so I created one and put the file in there ̣- which did'nt work. Could you tell me how to do it properly?

Thanks again.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Samsung Moderator

I think you did not read well the readme file

Quote:
The Sysdata folder (into the Mods folder) provided in the firmware 2.20 archive is fully customizable. Below are the main things you can change and customize.
But first you have to put this Sysdata folder at the root of the "NEO-GHOST" memory (see the Safe Mode instuctions above). The R0 first checks if a Sysdata folder is present in the "NEO-GHOST" memory. If yes, it will load this one. If no, it will load the default hidden Sysdata folder.
Thus if you want to cancel all your modifications, you just have to delete your Sysdata folder from the "NEO-GHOST" memory.
BTW, I tried your german_edited2 file, it works well
You only forgot to change "Als Mein Design festl"

Old 09-18-2011, 03:36 AM

I can't install all the features of you firmware, es. I can't view your battery indicators. I've to only put the .rom file in the root?

Old 09-18-2011, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikes2 View Post
I can't install all the features of you firmware, es. I can't view your battery indicators. I've to only put the .rom file in the root?
No, you need to read readme.txt file

You need to install the rom as always, then copy "Sysdata" folder to neo-ghost memory (you have to put R0 in safe mode, read please the readme file, all is written) and then follow the instruction of the various mods

Old 09-18-2011, 03:59 AM

Here 2 nice fonts I found, small enough to see more text on player
Attached Files
File Type: zip fonts.zip (586.3 KB, 13 views)

Old 09-18-2011, 04:36 PM

I've just started experimenting with the new firmware and the two new fonts that you've just posted. I love the Gabriola but I find the size just a little too small and I can imagine squinting at my screen tomorrow in the sunshine. Is it possible to make it bigger or make it bolder?
Otherwise I 've got rid of the power up/down sounds and put the coloured bars back .

I seem to be doing something wrong with the downclocking tool and yet I've read the read me file several times (in French and in English) but since it's well past my bedtime I might not be reading it right. I cold start the player and as soon as Samsung appears I press the (...) button until the main menu appears. The only difference that I've noticed is that the connection with the computer seems to be slower. I'll go back to it tomorrow when I've had some sleep!

Is it possible to get rid of all the language files that I don't use and just keep English and French to save on space and perhaps time loading things?

Anyroad, thanks again for everything this is great!

Edit

I've just checked in safe mode I have the cpu_downclock.on file in the Ghost menu but the sound is not jerky and the navigation isn't worse than before. I'll have to see over time if this makes a difference - the problem is I've never timed battery life as I often change music (and never watch videos or look at photos.)

Last edited by Appick; 09-18-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to say something

Old 09-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Samsung Moderator

Lorenzo has bad tastes, his fonts are ugly, just put the Jumok font in French language it's better (and a bit smaller than the same font in English) hihihi

For the downclocking tool I don't see what is wrong reading your words, it seems to work normally.
Read post #129 on this page to know how to check if it works or not.

Language files don't take much space. I don't think it would boot faster that way but you can try, it's not dangerous.

Last edited by lebellium; 09-18-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:53 AM

I've got the downclocking working on mine and confirmed it but I can't detect any adverse effect on the speed of scrolling etc.

I don't know if the fact that none of my mp3 files have any tags and that I turn off the "beep" sound is a possible factor. (Not having any mp3 tags on my Sansa Clip+ speeds up both the interface and library updates.)

Old 09-19-2011, 10:06 AM

Something strange is happening with my R0 Its default UI is a bit ugly so I replaced some bitmaps (mostly battery/playback icons) and changed font to Franklin Gothic. Everything was fine until I tried to change wallpaper (Sysdata\Image\02_mainmenu\02_myskin\02_01_back.jp g). Now I've got that freaking-the-shit-out-of-me System Checking on every startup, lolz. Trying to delete Sysdata folder and see what's happening

Tags
hack, hacking, mod, r0, samsung, yp-r0