android
Old 08-16-2011, 07:59 AM

This is all great .... looks fantastic, so I hope it van continue BUT .... anyone think they can do all this great work on an easily available DAP ??? The RO is getting pretty hard to find.

T

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-16-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacharnold View Post
This is all great .... looks fantastic, so I hope it van continue BUT .... anyone think they can do all this great work on an easily available DAP ??? The RO is getting pretty hard to find.

T
This is simply the R0 subforum
As I don't own another player, I don't know if it is possible to do the same on other DAPs.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:05 PM

Can you do that R0 read the cover in a folder?

Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TORM View Post
Can you do that R0 read the cover in a folder?
Again, I cannot do these things....I cannot modify or redo from scratch the R0 app

Old 08-16-2011, 11:11 PM

just found this theat, big thx for the mod
how about reading M4A tag?
cant you fix it ?

Old 08-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Samsung Moderator

No, as already said several times, we cannot change these things related to the R0 app. We don't have the Samsung development tool.

For a better tags support wait for Rockbox.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:40 PM

Right!

Before I go to holiday (finally ), I'm now working on the integration of the cpu downclocking tool.
Probably, the firmware will be release while I'm away (I prepare the rom before going and lebellium will benchmark it). So if everything works, the rom will be uploaded.
Else, you'd wait a bit for September

__Probably__ I will test an idea I had to reduce the sleep mode timer; this will require, as cpu cloking tool, a C program. But that's not a problem, the problem is how to determine the R0 is in sleep mode or not. Maybe I have some hints, but I must investigate.

Stay tuned as always...

Old 08-17-2011, 04:24 PM

Happy holiday Lorenz and thanks for all you've done so far (and Lebellium - but you're not going on holiday - at least not till it's all done and then we might let you go for abit ).

On the one hand I find it weird that companies don't really finalise their products (it's like they're in a rush to get it out there) but on the other hand it can be fun to "customize" them (I collect figurines and I like to modify them) so I imagine that for you it's very satisfying to be able to do this. And it's very satisfying for us too!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Samsung Moderator

lol
No holiday for me indeed. First I have to find an internship in France or Germany for the coming year :/

Well it's easy to understand: Release a new product = more money. Release a new firmware = not more money. Of course it depends on the product. For a famous flagship product the firmware support is important because most customers are aware of the improvements and that may increase sales (that's typically the case for the Galaxy phones with Android. People buy a Galaxy S2 because they know it will be upgraded to latest and next versions of Android ). But on a product like the R0... It's mainly bought by newbie customers in stores. They don't really know what they buy. A better firmware support wouldn't increase sales. At worst, the company loses some customers who won't buy Samsung anymore because they are disappointed.. But that doesn't represent many people...
Remember: the main goal of Samsung (or any other company) is not to satisfy customers but to make money.

Last edited by lebellium; 08-17-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:02 PM

Yeah, I know! (Sigh) I still think it's back ward.

Vive consumerism!

Old 08-20-2011, 04:38 AM

Hello, I don't understand english. I'm using the google translator. Excuse my errors.

I installed the firmware 2.10 in my YP-R0 and it's perfect.

I have to say in its favor that much better off now then just press a few seconds on-off button to turn off completely and not left in standby mode.
I also find very useful tool to rescue the YP-R0 if it is bricked. It is a problem that happened to me once and I had to take it for service.

Would be interesting for someone to explain exactly how to unbrick the device using the recovery folder, because with the instructions accompanying the hacked firmware, still not very clear for me.

I appreciate your work to the developers of the firmware. They have done a good work.
Greetings.

Last edited by tronideco; 08-20-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: errors

Old 08-26-2011, 04:07 AM

I've had a problem ever since loading the firmware 2.10 on my RO.

I'm getting "System Checking" frequently when I turn it on. It's happening about one in three times I turn on.

It means a long wait each time which is sufficiently irritating to make me revert to the original firmware.

I'd never seen the "System Checking" screen before I loaded 2.10.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:10 AM
Samsung Moderator

Do you press 2 seconds on the power button (sleep mode) or 5 seconds (reset)?

In sleep mode, there should be no "system checking"

"System checking" may occur after reseting the device but it should not happen so often. Another user on a French forum has the same issue. But all other users did not report that issue.

Lorenzo is coming back on August, 30th, he'll investigate about that.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Do you press 2 seconds on the power button (sleep mode) or 5 seconds (reset)?
I've always used the Reset option both with the new firmware and with the original version but the message has only started with the new version.

I've checked whether the SD card makes any difference but it has no effect whether it's inserted or not.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:11 AM

I have the same problem. I'm getting "System Checking" frequently.

With firmware 1.24, did not show this message.

In addition to install the firmware 2.10 the battery level went from green to orange. It is now stable (orange).

Old 08-30-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronideco View Post
I have the same problem. I'm getting "System Checking" frequently.

With firmware 1.24, did not show this message.
This is really odd. I finally used my R0 like a normal user during holiday () with my modded firmware of course and I never got a System Checking...Well yes only once when i used the reset button (too lazy to wait xD)
So I really don't know what it's happening...I must have some other feedbacks! Can you explain you all better what do you do before getting it? (Settings too, like dnse on/off, sleep timer on/off etc...like some "important" system settings..maybe if mtp/msc too)

Quote:
In addition to install the firmware 2.10 the battery level went from green to orange. It is now stable (orange).
This is normal I changed its color

Old 08-30-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Can you explain you all better what do you do before getting it? (Settings too, like dnse on/off, sleep timer on/off etc...like some "important" system settings..maybe if mtp/msc too)
Firstly in case it's relevant I use a Mac. However I haven't uploaded any new MP3 files to the RO recently, only the new 2.10. I swap SD cards very regularly but they make no difference.

I have NO sound or system settings set as the RO is always in its default state. The only exception is that I always have it set to MSC mode.

I had always turned off the RO fully rather than using the quicker sleep mode but have now stopped doing this as the System Checking was becoming so annoying.

Doubt if this is relevant but instead of the removed startup sound I get a hissing sound that lasts the same length of time.

Let me know if you want any more info.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post
Doubt if this is relevant but instead of the removed startup sound I get a hissing sound that lasts the same length of time.
Hoho this is really interesting...uhm it's the same sound you hear on an amplifier (or player) raising volume with no music playing?
Like a noise? If that well it's normal but i cannot hear it clearly with my headphones....

Old 08-30-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Hoho this is really interesting...uhm it's the same sound you hear on an amplifier (or player) raising volume with no music playing?
Like a noise? If that well it's normal but i cannot hear it clearly with my headphones....
Yes, it's like turning up the volume on an amplifier and briefly hearing background noise.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Samsung Moderator

Yeah that's normal.
I replaced the default sound by an empty file using Audacity (just removing the sound file creates a terrible noise Lorenzo and me don't want to hear again, that kills your ears lol)
The hiss doesn't come from my edited file but comes from the R0 output and the sensitivity of your earphones.
With my UE Super.fi 5PRo (21 Ohms - 119dB/mW ) it's quite audible

Tags
hack, hacking, mod, r0, samsung, yp-r0