Pluses
  • Changes in translation
Minuses
  • Color charge indicator
  • Removed sound on / off

I do not think that we need a DRK, so I'll not write about it
It seems that after 2.20 I have to go back to 1.25
Ahaha ok no problem
I'm not convincing someone to install my firmware. Simply if brick will occur to you, don't come here and cry

After some releases I will implement finally the sysdata "replacement" system and default sysdata will be integrated into rom.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:14 PM

Thanks again for this update.
Is it possible to not have the settings reset after each update? Each time I have to turn the bip off, change MTP to UMP (or whatever or the other way round), reprogramme my birthday (only joking - I'm not that sad!! Quoi que !)

I like the battery colours. The lack of on/off sounds is abit disconcerting at first but I'll probably get used to it. I use my R0 "blindly" alot and (annonying as the sounds were) at least I knew where I was at when I pressed the button in the depths of my pockets.

Edit

"Backup_settings -> saves the current settings to an automatically-created SETTINGS folder on microSD card." Is this the answer to my question above?

Last edited by Appick; 08-09-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Samsung Moderator

That's the answer indeed

Set your personal settings once again, execute Backup_settings: you'll get the backup files on the microSD. You can let the SETTINGS folder on the microSD card or copy it on your computer and delete it from the microSD card for instance , as you wish, but at least next time you'll upgrade the firmware, you'll be able to restore them easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5TORM View Post
I do not think that we need a DRK, so I'll not write about it
Do you want to know how many R0s I have unbricked since September 2009? Dozens... So many that I can't count them anymore. I get a R0 to unbrick from French users almost every 2 weeks in my maibox. I'm nice, I do it for free but that takes time and I have other things to do than unbricking all R0s sold in France. Don't say you don't need the DRK, you don't know what you are talking about. And if you wonder, the library update bug doesn't only happen to French users. That doesn't happen only to others. That may happen to you tomorrow, in 1 week, in 1 month, in 1 year or never, you DON'T KNOW. Please take that into account

Last edited by lebellium; 08-09-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:48 AM

Thanks for this firmware .
DRK - "must have" feature . Colored batery icon - nice idea to.
I have a question :
Feature to reset by holding power key ,shutdowns device completely or player remains in "Sleep mode"? It exist in original firmware ?

Old 08-10-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirill View Post
Thanks for this firmware .
DRK - "must have" feature . Colored batery icon - nice idea to.
I have a question :
Feature to reset by holding power key ,shutdowns device completely or player remains in "Sleep mode"? It exist in original firmware ?
Many thanks

For the reset key: yes sure! It exixsts too in the original firmware, but with mine the time you must keep pressed the key is 5 seconds instead of original 10! Quicker and safer, because device will resets itself after the R0 app is shutted down completely

Old 08-10-2011, 04:35 AM

I respect your work, but the sounds on / off switch is very useful thing, and the silver light of the charge was much better.

Please return them... =)

Old 08-10-2011, 04:44 AM

Quote:
I respect your work, but the sounds on / off switch is very useful thing, and the silver light of the charge was much better.

Please return them... =)
Ok! Don't worry...It was just to say
I worked a lot for that hehe
As I said, next version will sure include the sysdata modding possibility: at least of just some things like battery color and turn on/off sounds. So anyone can mod them!
I just don't know if enabling nand for that: if somethings goes wrong, well don't know.
Need a lot of testing.
The other coming feature is the downclock (@5storm: it will be customizable, 200 - 400 and original clock, so you won't say anything about the bit laggy ui at 200 mHz)

Enjoy

Old 08-10-2011, 05:27 AM

This is good)

Some people want a small font in the reader.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
the sounds on / off switch is very useful thing
For me ,more useful ,if player turns on and off as quick as it possible , with sound this a bit slower .

Old 08-10-2011, 07:32 AM

The start-up sound has never bothered me and it's nice to have some feedback that something is happening.

I hope I never need the DRK but it has to be a positive thing that it's available and though I don't understand any of the technical stuff it sounds very clever.

The feature that most interests me for the future however is the possibility of increased battery life.

Are there any negative effects of reducing the processor speed?

I use mine a lot on long distance flights and it's the battery life that is the only thing that would make me change my RO for anything else as I like it so much otherwise.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post
The start-up sound has never bothered me and it's nice to have some feedback that something is happening.

I hope I never need the DRK but it has to be a positive thing that it's available and though I don't understand any of the technical stuff it sounds very clever.
The DRK necessarily requires firmware 2.10 to be installed so for now you'll have to sacrifice the startup & shutdown sounds for security purposes, sorry
But as said before, in coming firmwares you'll be able to let the default sounds, replace them or delete them. Just be patient

Quote:
The feature that most interests me for the future however is the possibility of increased battery life.

Are there any negative effects of reducing the processor speed?
At 200MHz the UI is just a bit slower. That's the only negative effect. I have 2 R0 so I was able to compare side by side: when you're in a list (songs list for instance) and you keep pressed the up or down key, the scrolling is a bit slower at 200Mhz. But it's still perfectly usable of course.
I assume at 400Mhz the UI should be as fast as at default 532MHz but we have not tried it yet. It's only 132Mhz less so I don't know if the battery life is much better that way. We'll see.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:47 AM

As its impossible to make something that everyone will like, maybe we could develop some tool that will generate firmware file for user, as i understands resources data not a problem, as for cpu downclock bash script must be generated or source file and then compiled. Another thing is what currently packing sysdata, if thats a python script, then it must be cross platform.
I wrote we, because if thats sound reasonable and possible, i can start working on this application, for Windows, and maybe later port it to Linux with the help of mono project.
What do you think about this?

Old 08-10-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1105 View Post
As its impossible to make something that everyone will like, maybe we could develop some tool that will generate firmware file for user, as i understands resources data not a problem, as for cpu downclock bash script must be generated or source file and then compiled. Another thing is what currently packing sysdata, if thats a python script, then it must be cross platform.
I wrote we, because if thats sound reasonable and possible, i can start working on this application, for Windows, and maybe later port it to Linux with the help of mono project.
What do you think about this?
Simply too risky.
No no then too kids coming there with the dead R0 ( saying "I wanted to put Justin Bieber as startup sound but it didn't work...my beloved player won't boot up! heeeelp me pleaseeee" ())...It's better to wait a bit for a safe function: remember! The R0 is FUULLL of bugs (me, mgue, lebellium, etc have seen a looot of strange things, incredible) Koreans coders must be eat and smoke some strange mushrooms...

Old 08-11-2011, 11:19 AM

Great! Thanks, dear You, mgue, lebellium, Justin, etc

ps
- the speed downgrade is really welcome, as well as all other energy savers (even to kill that cool animations) - my battery started to drain too fast this days
- is there a possibility to generate some kind of error/debug/events log? (may be useful for FM shutdown causes tracing?)

Old 08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Samsung Moderator

I don't think we can generate such logs and even if we could that would not be very useful as Samsung won't release new firmwares and we can't fix bugs ourselves.

BTW, when you use the DRK, a log file is created

Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
I don't think we can generate such logs and even if we could that would not be very useful as Samsung won't release new firmwares and we can't fix bugs ourselves.

BTW, when you use the DRK, a log file is created
Yeah you're right lebellium (as good as if you were the programmer hehe).
No such log is possible nor fixing bugs internally to application. Well maybe some expert hackers could do something but not too much.

yeah DRK write a log on the sd...I have only to fix and understand why date is wrong uhm...I tried to use the command hwclock -s but didn't work. Well not important for now

Old 08-13-2011, 05:51 AM

Hi,I'm a chinese MP4 fan. I saw your same thread on bbs.imp3.net. My player is Yp-R1. So the DIY firmware can't match my machine. Can you tell me how to modify the ROM file or make a DIY firmware for R1? Because I know the structural frame of the firmwares on RSerious are almost the same. Thank you.

Old 08-13-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmails View Post
Hi,I'm a chinese MP4 fan. I saw your same thread on bbs.imp3.net. My player is Yp-R1. So the DIY firmware can't match my machine. Can you tell me how to modify the ROM file or make a DIY firmware for R1? Because I know the structural frame of the firmwares on RSerious are almost the same. Thank you.
To build and modify the rom of a R1 is the same as for R0...but be careful!! You can bbrick the device...and as R1 has not a sd slot you cannot even run scripts from sd to restore it! At the moment I have no time to explain you everything
btw All the tools are there in the forum (at least in the rockbox forum). You NEED linux for that (no windows, mac etc...)

hope that helped a bit at least....

Old 08-13-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz092 View Post
To build and modify the rom of a R1 is the same as for R0...but be careful!! You can bbrick the device...and as R1 has not a sd slot you cannot even run scripts from sd to restore it! At the moment I have no time to explain you everything
btw All the tools are there in the forum (at least in the rockbox forum). You NEED linux for that (no windows, mac etc...)

hope that helped a bit at least....
Thank you. I got it.

Tags
hack, hacking, mod, r0, samsung, yp-r0