android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 07-08-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
It's more shiny like the rest of the front than the directional square is.
It seems like mine is.. hm, faulty? The shiny paint just disappears with time and the button becomes more of color of the directional buttons. Huh, seems I can't do anything about it, I think it's too small thing to use warranty.

@El Palo: I was thinking about PL21 too, people say they are isolating very well. I am going to choose something from what SoundMagic offers, PL11, PL21, or maybe PL30.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

So long as it works, I don't think there's a big deal. Just a little paint wearing off is definitely not the worst problem you could have...

Old 07-08-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
So long as it works, I don't think there's a big deal. Just a little paint wearing off is definitely not the worst problem you could have...
Sure. I just wanted to know if it's normal. Even if the warranty would apply to it, there's no point of sending it to Sandisk (Czech Republic I think) and then waiting for the respond.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Administrator

I'd go with the "don't worry about it" thought. Yeah, easy for me to say, right.

There seems to be enough of a difference in all of them were yours being less shiny just fits in with the rest. More importantly I've read a couple of posts from members who have dealt with Sandisk customer service and they all reported an excellent experience. If it does develop into a problem that affects the usefulness of the player you shouldn't have a problem.

Be sure to keep your receipt. I've heard they can be picky about that but once you contact them and do the trouble shooting they want it should go smoothly from there.

BTW, why SoundMagic? Not questioning your choice, I see some folks saying nice things about them. I'm curious if your preference comes from experience with the brand or if a personal recommendation has you interested in them.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:56 PM

It's okay with the button for now, almost half of it lost its paint, and I'm going to wait to see what will happen next. By the way, I've bought my Clip+ on Amazon and all I got was a piece of paper with the details of the order, I hope this counts as the receipt.

Hm, I've read many good reviews about SoundMagic, but I've never used their headphones before. If you know any other good brands then feel free to let me know.

Last edited by Draggy; 07-08-2011 at 04:02 PM.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Administrator

You bought them on Amazon so you're good on a receipt. They keep online records of all transactions and that will serve as your receipt. The other thing is that if that button is continuing to lose paint that wouldn't be OK with me. It's one thing if it was something you weren't sure about but now that you're sure you're actually seeing it lose more paint that would bother me. I want my new things look be new unless I abuse them.

I'd think about contacting Amazon and see what they can do for you. It wouldn't seem you'd have to go through Sansa's RMA process when you just got it a day or so ago. The laws may be different there so I won't say that for a fact but I'd definitely keep that in mind.

On the headphones I was just curious. I think I may be seeing the same reviews as you. Most people seem to be happy with them. I was mostly wondering if there was someone you knew that had them and recommended them. I really like personal recommendations from someone that I know what their tastes are. Nothing like it for finding good quality items.

There are so many items available at that price point it's hard to single out anything as really outstanding that I've experienced. I think you'll probably do as well or better with the SoundMagic as anything I could recommend.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draggy View Post
It seems like mine is.. hm, faulty? The shiny paint just disappears with time and the button becomes more of color of the directional buttons. Huh, seems I can't do anything about it, I think it's too small thing to use warranty.

@El Palo: I was thinking about PL21 too, people say they are isolating very well. I am going to choose something from what SoundMagic offers, PL11, PL21, or maybe PL30.
I quickly discarded pl11, revies said too much of a difference in SQ, but it's very cheap... it's unfair to ask for more quality.

I dropped my clip+ two times this week while walking on the street, my clumsy hands aren't accustomed to such small and light objects. The player is rock solid by the way, just minor scratches. I need to be extra careful, i hate myself.

I'm using the stock earbuds now, which are surprisingly decent, or at least much better than the sonys iem that came with my sony ericsson cellphone. At home i use it with some olds beyerdynamic dt231 headphones, very cool sound, but i don't like wearing that outside.

Still waiting for focalprice to ship my pl21s