android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2011, 05:29 PM

Default Substituting the Panasonic RP-HJE900s!

Hi everyone,

Thanks to the excellent advice I received here (from DarkSide and some others), I bought the Panasonic RP-HJE900 for less than $100 last year. I love them - however, after constant, extreme use (abuse?) only one of the earphones is working.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback on 2 questions:

1. The earphone itself can be unscrewed, so you presumably don't have to buy the whole thing. I've confirmed the damage is my wire; is there anywhere one can buy the Pana replacement wire and keep the earphones? I would prefer to get the exact same cable because the build is so thick & sturdy - other cables barely last a few weeks with me. Any tips on where?

2. While I love my Panas, my one gripe is that it has no noise isolation/cancellation, so under certain circumstances, I find myself cranking it far louder than is probably good for me. Do you have any recommendations on headphones in a similar price range & sound (up to $150 or so) that also have the noise cancellation feature?

My fear is that the durability/build won't be as sturdy as the Panas (again, constant abuse from me...), which is very important to me.

Thanks so much guys, cheers!

Last edited by Zephyr!; 07-05-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]