android
Old 05-05-2006, 06:25 PM

Default Is there any difference in sound?

Is there any difference in sound quality between the e200, m200, and e100 series? I don't care at all about an fm tuner, pictures, or video.

If there's no significant quality difference, the e140--and being able to add memory if I discover 1G isn't enough--looks quite tempting.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-08-2006, 06:44 PM

I cannot comment on the c100, e200 series, but can tell you about my experience with e140.

The sound quality is good. I like the included headphones too, but like all in-ears, you have to have them fit right. Also, take a look at the v-moda bass freq (new headphones, for $50, all over ilounge site etc). Then take a look at the included headphones on the e140. Eerily similar...

There is a 5 band equalizer (funny how a topend iPod does not) and the SRS Wow feature is nice. I don't always use the SRS Wow because it is supposed to drain more power and I don't notice during workouts anyways.

Overall I'm satisfied.

My ears are decent and I'm reasonably picky (but not a hardcore audiophile).

Bit rates are usually 192-256 kbps for me, so the source material is decent.

If you want better quality, you can always get better headphones. Think of $40 and up...

Mike

Old 07-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Post Sharp canal earphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunga
I cannot comment on the c100, e200 series, but can tell you about my experience with e140.

The sound quality is good. I like the included headphones too, but like all in-ears, you have to have them fit right. Also, take a look at the v-moda bass freq (new headphones, for $50, all over ilounge site etc). Then take a look at the included headphones on the e140. Eerily similar...

There is a 5 band equalizer (funny how a topend iPod does not) and the SRS Wow feature is nice. I don't always use the SRS Wow because it is supposed to drain more power and I don't notice during workouts anyways.

Overall I'm satisfied.

My ears are decent and I'm reasonably picky (but not a hardcore audiophile).

Bit rates are usually 192-256 kbps for me, so the source material is decent.

If you want better quality, you can always get better headphones. Think of $40 and up...

Mike
Mike, I got the canal earphones from Sharp (MD33S) from Audiocubes to wear with my ZV:M and they sound awesome it'll be hard to get back to stock earbuds... If one can't spend more than $40 in earphones (I can't) I think it is a good choice. They cost $39 plus shipping.