android
Old 06-27-2011, 08:57 AM

Default I lost my Clip+

Bummer weekend, I lost my Clip+. It fell of my belt while I was dumping grass clippings in the scrub behind my house, I dug around in the pile under the fresh clippings on top of 3 years of slimy, rotted, ammonia-smelling muck, but could not find it.

I immediately ordered a new one, but I'm still bummed. I was hoping to see what Sansa released in the clip line next.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That sucks.....sorry to hear that!

Old 06-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That's certainly a bummer, what happen to the headphones? When mines poped off in the past it normally hangs from the 3.5mm plug till I notice.

Edit: forgot to mention, I've used a rubber band as a mini leash during high activities as I almost lost mine into the river once but the cable saved me. BTW congrats on getting a new one, they're great.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
That's certainly a bummer, what happen to the headphones? When mines poped off in the past it normally hangs from the 3.5mm plug till I notice.

Edit: forgot to mention, I've used a rubber band as a mini leash during high activities as I almost lost mine into the river once but the cable saved me. BTW congrats on getting a new one, they're great.
The rubber band mini-leash is a great idea--thanks. Have been saved in the past by the earphone cord acting as a leash as well--

Old 06-27-2011, 11:27 AM

Head phones are OK (NuForce NE-6s), I loop them around my ear to minimize cable noise, plus they have a clip I attach to my collar. I have pulled the cable out doing yard work before, this was the first time the player left my belt. I'm going to try the rubber band next time.

I have no idea how to prevent the cable getting int he way, other than run it under my shirt, which I prefer not to do.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Mikerman, I had to come up with something as it slips off my baggies too easy while canoeing.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by diechipmunk View Post
… I have no idea how to prevent the cable getting int he way, other than run it under my shirt, which I prefer not to do.
I prefer under the shirt myself but you could try tack tape.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diechipmunk View Post
Head phones are OK (NuForce NE-6s), I loop them around my ear to minimize cable noise, plus they have a clip I attach to my collar. I have pulled the cable out doing yard work before, this was the first time the player left my belt. I'm going to try the rubber band next time.

I have no idea how to prevent the cable getting int he way, other than run it under my shirt, which I prefer not to do.
Wear a shirt or jacket with a chest pocket.....and clip the player to the pocket, with the player on the inside of the pocket. Works very well for me, as long as I have a short earphone cord.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
forgot to mention, I've used a rubber band as a mini leash during high activities as I almost lost mine into the river once
My headphone jack is worn out, the plug pops out very easily now. I guess a rubber band would help hold it together.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:22 PM

Eventually GPS locators will be cheap enough to stick in all our gadgets.. at the very lease, exact coordinates + a panic beeper on your player(remote activated by sattelite. Ah, how the future is bright...

And sorry to hear about your Clip... I've lost two in my time.. Enjoy the new one, though!

Old 08-15-2011, 04:44 PM

I've started looping the earphone cable through the clip, it's saved me a drop more than once already.