android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2011, 03:54 PM

Default Hifiman HE-500LE Advice

Hello everybody! I began a search for a set of open headphones with a budget cap of around $800. Doing a great deal of searching/reading, I eventually stumbled upon a few glowing reviews for the Hifiman HE-500LE. The looked great and I figured that my decision was about made. I found myself lazily browsing DAPs this morning when I came across a review for the hifiman 801, it too was getting a glowing review from one of the same reviewers singing the praises of the HE-500LE.

My searches eventually led me here to the thread detailing how poorly the hifiman 801 measured. Now I wonder whether the HE-500's are such a great idea after all. Does hifiman produce overpriced relatively low performing gear in general or what? Anyone heard good things about the HE-500's that didn't come from someone who believes $7000 cables are necessary to really bring out a headphones "best"?

This truly is an odd hobby in that you can get so much bad advice, and sometimes its very difficult to get good information. Thankfully this forum seems to have a more level headed approach to....reality, I look forward to your replies!

Also if there is a much better solution at the $700-800 price point I'm all ears.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]