android
Old 06-23-2011, 08:34 PM

Default Music is Invisible in Files (Rockbox)

Hi everyone,

I downloaded Rockbox a couple of weeks ago, and when I try to add mp3 files to it (booting into the regular firmware to do so) I can't see the files on Rockbox in the Files > Music > Music folder. If I go into the Database menu I can see the files, just not with the rest of them in Music.

I visited a similar thread, and tried to update my database, but Rockbox never asked me to reboot. Something about clicking database after it was updated and then Rockbox would ask me to reboot?

I also tried initializing the database first. (This is in Settings > General Settings > Database.)

Thanks for your help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Double check that you added them in MSC mode.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:07 PM

It is in MSC mode.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

So you see the file in MSC mode, but its not there on the file system outside of USB mode?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:32 PM

I see them on the computer when I boot into the original firmware and connect. I see them on the Sansa's file system when I boot it into original firmware. But I do not see it in the Sansa's file system when I boot into Rockbox. My computer doesn't see the mp3 player when it's in Rockbox, so I can't tell you if it is visible then.

As far as I know the mp3 player is always in MSC mode (I have not changed anything).

Old 06-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Administrator

After a firmware installation, which is what installing Rockbox is, the Sansa OF reverts to Autodetect. Autodetect uses MTP transfer as the default. If you did not go into the settings and reset that to MSC before you transferred your files they were transferred in MTP mode. The Rockbox file browser can't see files transferred in MTP. They would show in the database though.

I've experienced what you describe and my solutions was to remove all the files and reload them after I set the USB mode to MSC. No more ghost files after that.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:18 PM

I see it now, thanks everyone :-)

Oh and I'm really happy with Rockbox. Sound quality is quite a bit better. Thanks for making it! :-D

Old 06-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Glad things are working out now but the sound quality is actually the same both in the OF and Rockbox. The parametric equalizer is much more useful than the one Sansa provides but that's pretty much it. I understand it's it's easy get think there's a difference but a lot of testing says there isn't.

Actually that's a good thing. The Clip+ puts out a very good signal in the OF. Rockbox doing the same is just more to enjoy without worrying if you're getting the best a good player can provide.

Tags
hidden, invisible, mp3, rockbox, sansa