android
Old 07-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

$175 now at amazon.com (USA) for a 16gb C2. Think I'll wait.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-09-2011, 02:37 PM

Will the C2 work with full size headphones? While my in-ear buds work fine for when I'm working out in the yard or washing the car, I'd prefer some full size cans for when I'm relaxing in the house.

Also, since the price seems to be fluctuating so much I think I'll wait for a bit. I wasn't planning on picking anything up until maybe the end of the year anyway (probably ask for something for a Christmas gift). My two Sanza Clips are working fine for me right now so I'm not in any particular rush to replace them. Hopefully by the time I'm ready for one the price will have dropped down a bit.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:41 PM

Yeah you should wait for now. I bet it'll drop to somewhere between 120-140 usd, even lower if D3 improves firmware/androidOS wise and S9 doesn't get sold out.

And yes, it drives fullsize phones without problems. I use it with my HD555 and I can't turn the volume higher than 30 (out of 40) because it starts being just too loud. Usually set it around 22.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:25 PM

Some teaser comparison pics, for the oldskoolers that still rock the D2.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:19 AM
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for the pictures!
Here you clearly see the progress between 2006 and 2011: nothing, 0.
Even worse, the good old sliding hold button has been replaced by a shitty power/hold button to press.

I don't like my C2. Hopefully new UCI could change my mind.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sometimes the best way to make money is to not re-invent the world. Take an old product and put a new cheaper skin on it. Not too bad if the old product was a good one.

I don't care about the overall UI. How well does the music app work?

Old 07-15-2011, 09:41 AM

It looks and sounds as good as the D2 ever did, maybe better because it has greater levels of BBE enhancements

Old 07-16-2011, 04:22 AM

so any word yet of when the review is gonna be published?

Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehrou View Post
so any word yet of when the review is gonna be published?
Now: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64354

Old 07-29-2011, 04:33 AM

I got my sons C2's and they love them. The are aged 7 & 10. Their small fingers are just the right size at the moment. It is a brilliant player their music and cartoons etc. But it is definitely not for the parents. "His" is a J3 and "hers" is an i9.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:55 PM

I've had mine for a couple weeks now, and honestly, I preferred the D2. The D2 just felt more solid & easier to use than the C2. The C2 isn't junk by any means, but it feels a bit more flimsy. The plastic on mine tends to creak around the bottom of the player, and like dfkt said, the chrome backplate scratches incredibly easily. I really wish Cowon wouldn't have tried to emulate iPod in this fashion. Just because Apple uses crappy metal to back their mp3 players doesn't mean it's a good choice. The D2's plastic rear just felt better in the hand & didnt smudge (or scratch) as much. Also, I find the tiny buttons on top of the player quite difficult to press (especially when in pocket.)

On the plus side, the C2 has BBE Viva, which is my absolute favorite setting. I don't believe the D2 or D2+ had that, & I could never quite tweak it manually to match. Battery life still rocks.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:39 AM

Default Buy the C2 instead of the D2+ ?

I have the D2+. I use it with the UM2 Weston In Ear Monitor earphones.
Does the C2 offer a better (significant) sound quality?

Thanks

Old 11-29-2011, 06:40 AM

No, they sound exactly the same. The C2 however has a newer set of BBE sound enhancements, which include the (IMO) very nice sounding BBE ViVA and BBE Headphone presets.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:58 AM

Default Thanks

I'll stick with my D2+ then.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:00 AM

Good plan. You sure have a better, easier to use interface on the D2+.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:48 AM

Default sdhc

just wondering if a micro sdhc class 10 will work fine with c2.. any thought?

Old 11-30-2011, 10:05 AM

Any speed class will work. Internally, the C2 is a bit faster than class 2, not even class 4 - so a class 10 card is actually overkill (except if you intend to use a dedicated card reader to load files instead of the C2's slot).

Old 11-30-2011, 10:22 AM

Thx.. I thought it were faster than that but probably that's enough.. I mean to work well... anyway I'll go for a 6 class just to put by some money and have a tad more speed using an external reader.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:23 PM

i've got this player for almost a week now. actually i love it. the menu is a bit tricky and confusing first (why is behind the music button no menu with id3-tags?) but it is alright. for me the sound counts the most.
the next decision will be the headphones. right now i have jvc's nc 120 (i'll return them because i really dislike the half closed design). next week i'll compare the shure srh220 and its bigger brother 440.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:37 PM

It appears that C2 has lot of negative feedback after reading all your comment, thanks so much.

Tags
c2, d2