android
Old 06-17-2011, 05:23 PM

Default Samsung R0 rumbling sound

I recently bought a 16GB Samsung R0 from my local Asda store for 55. i am quite impressed with the SQ of this player but have only found one fault with it. The fault is that I hear a faint rumbling sound like artefacts when there is silence on a track or when a track starts. The rumbling sound isn't on the mp3 as I tested the same mp3 on my Sony A845 and it sounded fine with that DAP.

Anyone know of a fix? I am using a pair of Panasonic HJE900 IEM's on the R0.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Samsung Moderator

A 16GB R0 for 55?! I have looked for that for weeks and I'm still unable to find such a deal on the internet

Here is a discussion I had in PM. I don't know if we talk about the same thing though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium
Quote:
Originally Posted by hershey22
Lebellium,

This is what I was talking about in my initial post awhile back...I think it was posted by Chrisjj who said he sent the player back to amazon:

-8- Track step causes a fast fade including two clicks and then a "short buzz" before the next track starts. The clicks and buzz sound even in Stopped state.

I'm not sure what exactly he means by track step but this is a consistent noise that is before and after the start of each track...also hear noise on powerup app startup when you see the Samsung name and RO. Do you know what causes this noise and have you noticed it? Very annoying.
I also hear a clic/buzz sound when I press on "next" or "prev" to change the track. There is also such a noise on the Q3 and Samsung told me that is considered as normal as long as you don't hear it with standard/default earbuds. They don't make/design and test their mp3 players with very sensible IEM like yours and mine.
I also hear a fade in effect when I skip a track but only at high volume. I can hear it with my PC speakers but with my IEM I don't hear it because I can't go over volume 15/30 without destroying my ears.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
A 16GB R0 for 55?! I have looked for that for weeks and I'm still unable to find such a deal on the internet

Here is a discussion I had in PM. I don't know if we talk about the same thing though?
Yeah I'm getting that problem too with the click buzz sound when I'm changing track. I doubt Samsung will fix it as Iheard v1.25 was the last firmware update for the R0. i also tried the stock IEMs and still getting the faint rumbling sounds aswell as the click/buzz sound when changing tracks. I really have to turn the volume up high to hear the rumbling sound on both IEM's though its more emphasised on the HJE900.

Last edited by Artmuzz; 06-17-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Samsung Moderator

Well it won't be fixed for 3 reasons:
-I'm not even sure it is a firmware issue. I guess it's rather a hardware problem
-Even if it was a firmware issue it wouldn't be fixed because indeed, what you heard is what I said here: fw 1.25 is probably the last one as I'm the single person to report bugs to Samsung Korea for this model as far as I know and I stopped to report bugs for the R0. Anyways, even if I reported bugs further, the R&D would not release a new firmware unless there is a critical bug.
-I repeat again: "There is also such a noise on the Q3 and Samsung told me that is considered as normal as long as you don't hear it with standard/default earbuds." If they consider this noise as normal, there is no reason for them to fix it.

I'm sorry

Old 06-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
I repeat again: "There is also such a noise on the Q3 and Samsung told me that is considered as normal as long as you don't hear it with standard/default earbuds." If they consider this noise as normal, there is no reason for them to fix it.
Problem is that I'm hearing it with the standard/default earbuds too at very high volume.