android
Old 06-17-2011, 06:28 AM

you're doing pretty amazing stuff for an autodidact... keep it up, so we, the great unwashed, can benefit from your prowess.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-19-2011, 09:02 PM

Sense v1.1.6

- Added Localization Support
- Horizontal Mode: The way you use the menubar works the same way as in Vertical Mode now.
- Added support for a custom wallpaper in Horizontal Mode (/Sense/wallpaper_h.jpg).
- Track Preview: Tapping the currently playing track results in play/pause.
- Bugfixes

Download (Default Package / Custom Package Builder)

Download (Default Package @ MediaFire)

Old 06-20-2011, 07:37 PM

Kizune,

Is there a Matrix-like view of the albums in Sense? If so, how do I get there?

Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 PM

Nope, there isn't. But check out el maco's Flow Browser (in the S9 UCI section), it's way faster and better than Cowon's Cover Matrix.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:46 PM

(just for an up-to-date link)

Sense v1.1.7

- Track Preview: Fixed that tapping the currently playing track to play/pause didn't always work.
- Bugfixes

Old 06-20-2011, 08:24 PM

Oh. Seems I forgot to post the update here. Thanks, DSperber.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:04 AM

@Kizune:

Not sure if it was always like this, but the all the pages for Sense except for download and changelog are broken on your website.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 AM

The website isn't finished yet.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 PM

Sense v1.1.8

- Added PlugIn: 'Lynx Event Manager Notification Extension'.
---> Notifications from Lynx' Event Manager are displayed in Sense
- Changed PlugIn Structure.
---> Update all of your Plugins.
- The Version Number of Sense is shown in the Settings (second Page).
- Bugfixes

Last edited by Kizune; 06-22-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:20 PM

Love the look of this UI. I dunno if its just me but it loads quite slowly though. And is really slow changing between portrait and landscape - which is especially annoying considering the J3's over sensitive accelerometer which puts you into landscape mode after only about 30 degrees of tilting.

Another thing I noticed looking at screenshots of the aero ui that the 3 buttons at the top are there all the time. I think the sense ui needs this. It took me ages to work out where they are and its slightly awkward to have to guess where to press.

Uninstalled for now until these things are fixed which is a shame because its much more attractive and should be much better than the stock app.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:58 PM

Don't know what the problem is but there is a more recent version of this out (V 1.22) at iadiophile. You should also check out his other UCI for updates.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39134

Old 07-22-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisuwh View Post
Another thing I noticed looking at screenshots of the aero ui that the 3 buttons at the top are there all the time. I think the sense ui needs this. It took me ages to work out where they are and its slightly awkward to have to guess where to press.
If you are referring to the two "hidden" buttons (browser button in the upper-left corner of album art) and HOME button in the upper-right corner of album art), I kind of agree with you on all counts:

(1) It's not obvious that they're there until you discover it or are told about them. You then kind of need to learn their approximate size, so that you know where to place your finger to use them.

(2) If you slightly mis-touch the target button area so that you're not right where you should be, you could either (a) really be touching the main body of the album art area, which will result in a PLAY/PAUSE action, or (b) really be touching the upper-middle of the album art area, which will result in a menubar dropdown overlay... neither of which was the intended browser button or HOME button.

Although having visible buttons onscreen over album art would be nice, I myself actually prefer the 272x272 album art (since I can have either one or the other, but not both) the way it is now.

I believe the motivation for this implementation (with three hidden buttons at the top of album art) was very likely so that the album art itself could be presented in full 272x272 size (i.e. maximum possible).

If the visible row with three buttons were always onscreen over the album art, then the album art would have to be dropped down to make room for it. And that would take away from the screen area below album art that is currently used for a very large and readable track info area, progress gauge, and player controls.

Quote:
Uninstalled for now until these things are fixed which is a shame because its much more attractive and should be much better than the stock app.
Personally, I don't expect any further significant changes to Sense to be developed by Kizune (but of course don't know for sure).

My own "wish list" for possible improvement was targeted for landscape mode. I had wanted to see the three "player control buttons" on the landscape mode screen at all times, as they are in portrait mode. Seemed like the right side of the currently unnecessarily screen-wide progress gauge would have been a perfect place to park the newly implemented three buttons for landscape mode.

Anyway, I believe Kizune is not currently involved in any further evolution on Sense. And certainly nothing further will happen on Aero.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:17 AM

Once you know the buttons are there its not too much of a problem and I can live with that and the landscape mode controls because this UI is still an improvement on the stock one. But the lag that I seem to be getting is unbearable though I don't know if this will ever be solved or whether re-installing might solve this

Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 AM

A little update.
I realised my j3 was running firmware version 1.2 or something. I've now upgraded to 2.2.3 and reinstalled sense - which now runs a lot smoother. Might try leaf and vision again now.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 PM

Thank you for this wonderful UI Kizune! The extra features and the nice looks makes it extra welcome on my J3. One thing I've been wondering about though: The scrolling, compared to the standard UI, feels less responsive hence a bit "mechanical". Is this a choice by design or a limit of some sort?

I've only been using your UI for 1 day but I already got most of it figured out by intuition (+ help button!). I have been going through all the settings and customized it to my own preferences. Under General I turned on Autoplay which I really liked while I was testing it. I also saw a Volume Limiter and thought "why" at first glance, keeping it off. Then I watched a video where I had to turn up to 35 to hear at a proper volume and returned to music section. BLAM, Autoplay and my head exploded. So thank you for the volume limiter, as it only affects music I can keep it around 20 and save my ears from a lot of pain when I forget to lower the volume down after ponies.

The playlist feature is fantastic, though by the way you implemented it I suppose you have been working within a frame of sorts. In the start I was annoyed that I couldn't create, manage and edit playlists (primarily by importing from Favorites) while listening to music at the same time. But I guess there is nothing to do about it by looking at how the whole playlist thing works.

And that's all from here. You did a great job on this UI functionality-wise + design-wise and especially considering you've done this almost without any forehand studying/reading! Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Urne; 07-27-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urne View Post
I've only been using your UI for 1 day but I already got most of it figured out by intuition (+ help button!).
Are you sure you've downloaded the very latest release (1.2.2)?

There was a true "Help button" born in one of the earlier releases, but it was removed starting with 1.2.0. It was replaced in that release with permanent below-the-icon captions.

These new permanent captions were initially a bit too small to be seen, so there was a settings option added in a still later release to allow a somewhat larger font to be specified for that caption text. That's how it now stands with 1.2.2.

(My own personal preference was for the original HELP button approach, actually, as it had REALLY BIG readable font text that completely occupied the major part of the cells that was visible only if you needed to see it. But, that's progress I guess. Time... marches on.)

Old 08-02-2011, 11:17 AM

Oh, you are completely right DSperber! I was using 1.1.8 all along as I thought this was the latest version. To be honest I also think the help button would have been a nicer approach too but large captions works just as well for me too.

Anyway, thanks for the correction. I'll keep using Sense and try to be more aware of any updates on Kizune's site.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:11 PM

I extract the archived into /System/Flash UI/

However the theme only showed in "Now Playing".

I downloaded the latest v1.2.2 from your site. I thought its suppose to show on all parts of the j3?

Edit: Isnt it suppose to show on the tracklist too? It doesnt show on the track list..

Last edited by D-X69; 08-02-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:58 PM

Sense is just the music UI. To get Kizune's main menu, browser and picture viewer you need to download lynx, leaf and vision respectivly.

Lynx: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39324

Leaf: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39324

Vision: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39106

Old 08-04-2011, 12:44 AM

There's a problem with the lock function, it seemed to lock the player for good I can't seem to unlock it.. I have to delete the lock from the Flash UI files..