android
Old 05-25-2011, 11:16 AM

Default microSDHC class ...

since my beloved Cowon i7 got stolen few weeks ago, I am in need of new mp3 player. Since I love good quality it was reasonable to stick around with Cowon. I just order my J3 (gonna order Noreve leather case soon too) but because I am a bit short on money, I will get only 4GB version.
So, my question is, which class of microSDHC is gonna be enough for smooth video playback (xvid/x264, 25/30fps, up to 2000 bitrate)? I can get classes 2/4/6/10 but 10 seems to be a bit of overkill to me (and its also really expensive, its twice as expensive as class 4). Is class 4 (by Kingston, my favourite brand for cards) gonna be enough or should I get class 6 (by Transcend, cant get Kingston class 6 unfortunatelly ) or even class 10?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2011, 05:46 PM

Class 4 or even 6 could do definitivly a good job.

BTW , i've sent you a pm with a really good CLASS 10 micro sd -H2testw passed - card supplier at bargain prices ( Last time i've own one , it was 58$ /piece)

Approved By me /Dsperber/ ...some of my friends..

Old 06-06-2011, 05:44 AM

thx for reply and advice, really appreciate it. Since my J3 hasnt arrived yet (and it will take some more time I guess, somehow it takes ages to resupply cowon stuff in our country, waiting for my 4GB J3 for 2 weeks already and its still out of stock) I have some time to think about which card I actually need right now because atm I have budget only around 30e for microSD card, which is enough for Transcend 16GB class 6 (or if class 4 is enough, then Kingston 16GB class 4 for 22e). But if they have good price, I can get few of their cards in future, I want to have everything with me all the time (couple of series, some movies etc, atm its around 185GB collection of episodes of different series, I think I will shrink it to ~100GB with reencoding everything to 480x272 format but still, its still at least four 32GB cards, and thats a lot of money).
I have read pm u send me, already send an email to them (about prices, shipment etc), waiting for their reply. Will see if they can satisfy my needs, because I live in Slovakia and paying for example 20e for packaging+shipment would be same as buying new card here.

Tags
cowon j3, micro sdhc class