android
Old 05-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Samsung Moderator

Default Firmware 1.37 for Q3

A new firmware has been released for the Q3.

Download firmware 1.37 (you can also download it in attachment)

Improvements:
- Enable to use FM Radio without autopreset when first use.
- Fix the playback error of some subtitle files

Original release date: April 11, 2011 so...more than 1 month ago!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Q3_V1.37.zip (14.05 MB, 44 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Samsung Moderator

Bug I found:
When the song title is too long, the Q3 sometimes cuts the last letter or character on the now playing screen.

If you find any other bug, please report it to me.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:50 AM

Hi lebellium,

I'm a new happy owner of a Q3 player. I bought it after reading your review, and I have to say you really made an excellent job!!! The player is exactly how I expected it to be

I just upgraded my Q3 to the 1.37 firmware revision, and I also noticed the bug in displaying the last letter of long titled songs. At the moment I haven't found other bugs or relevant issues; if this should happen, I will report them here.

If I could take advantage of your kindness, I would like to give you a cuople of suggestions that would make using this player a slightly better experience:
  • due to the fact that there are no dedicated volume controller buttons, it would be nice if the vol +/- buttons could have effect even without having to unlock the device. And have you ever thought about locking/unlocking it with a double click, just like doubleclicking with a mouse? It would resolve the problem of accidental unlocks while the player is in the pocket.
  • when browsing the albums of the same artist, I think it would be nice if they were sorted in chronological and not in alphabetical order (the "year" or the "album #" fields in ID3 tags could be used, if present)
  • in FM preset mode, favourite radio stations are sorted by frequency. In my humble opinion, it would be better if they were sorted just in the order that the user adds them to the favourite list. For example, the two stations I listen to more frequently, are separate by 10 positions, so it's a bit annoying pressing 10 times to switch from one to another.
Besides these little possible improvements, I have to tell that I'm completely satisfied with this player, it's been a good choice

Thanks (and sorry if I bothered you !!!)

Old 10-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Samsung Moderator

I agree with your suggestions but actually you have to know that Samsung release firmwares just to fix bugs and not to add/improve/modify features.

I'm still waiting for the next firmware to fix the bugs I reported months ago...But I'm afraid they will tell me shit instead like often "I'm sorry but we cannot release new firmware because the contract with a 3rd party company has expired". That's what they just did for the U6... I reported the bugs 6 months ago, they should have released the new fw a while ago and now they cannot anymore for that stupid reason

So don't expect any new or improved feature, I'm sorry

Old 10-05-2011, 01:23 AM

Ok, don't worry for that, I also work in R&D and know very well about contracts with 3rd parties and all that stuff, but I had to try

Anyway, thank you again for your quick answer

Tags
1.37, firmware, q3, samsung, yepp, yp-q3