android
Old 05-10-2011, 05:45 PM

Default J3 with Bluetooth

Headphones, best ones...no real budget[got Denon D5000s]. Easy to use/setup?

Is Bluetooth battery eating, i.e is it worthy for my FLACs to become V0 mp3s?

I am DISABLED BTW[karma].

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-10-2011, 06:01 PM

Bluetooth sound quality is quite noticeably inferior to wired. You shouldn't have to worry overly much about quality headphones or FLAC vs. MP3 when you use Bluetooth. But yeah, FLAC is definitely a waste of space, especially for that application.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:02 PM

I use bluetooth with my J3 pretty consistently. It affects the battery life dramatically. Like DFKT said, if you are going to use bluetooth, then you can kiss the sound quality goodbye, that's just what you get with bluetooth, no matter how good the headphones boast about sound quality. It doesn't matter what kind of file you use, it will not sound good.

The only reason I use them regularly is because I am constantly moving around at my job and like the freedom from wires. I'll use my wired phones on occasion for circumstances where I'm not moving around and the sound quality is like night and day.

Bluetooth is consistently crap. But that's what you get if you want wireless. It's a tradeoff.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:29 AM

will it improve, do you think?

Old 05-11-2011, 06:39 AM

It can't be improved, it's a fixed hardware standard. Bluetooth 2.0, as it is running on the J3 has a standard way of transcoding/compressing/decompressing audio, and a set bitrate that can't be influenced, the way it is implemented on the J3.

Newer Bluetooth versions and chips could achieve better audio quality (via APT-X and such), but that needs different hardware.

Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Also, this happened with the S9 (and I'm somewhat sure it applies to the J3 as well) where you have to turn off the bluetooth transmitter before you put the player to sleep or else it will continue to drain batteries at a relatively fast rate