android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Old 11-10-2010, 11:04 AM

Default Sansa Clip+ - Refreshing your media stuck! with new 8GB microSD card inserted

I recently bought a 8GB microSD card for my Clip+ and transferred over 7GB of music to the card. When I switch my Clip+ on the Refreshing your media message appears but it freezes at 20% I have tried pressing the power switch for 20 seconds to reset but I still get the same problem. The Clip+ will only refresh successfully when the card is removed.

There is nothing wrong with the microSD card as I tried it on my Sansa Fuze v2 and the refreshing media works without freezing. I think the problem is with my Clip+

Please advise

Art

Last edited by Artmuzz; 11-10-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you tried holding it longer than 20 seconds? Give it more time....if nothing happens after 2 minutes, then I think it would be safe to say something was wrong. Also, how much charge does the battery have?

Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I wonder if a particular song is making it hang, due to the song encoding or format, or ID3 tags. As painful as it might be, you might want to add the contents to your card, and then to the Clip, piecemeal, to see if that's the case.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
I wonder if a particular song is making it hang, due to the song encoding or format, or ID3 tags. As painful as it might be, you might want to add the contents to your card, and then to the Clip, piecemeal, to see if that's the case.
If that was the case, then why would it work on his Fuze and not his Clip+?

Old 11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
If that was the case, then why would it work on his Fuze and not his Clip+?
I'm not sure--am guessing here. But the Fuze and Clip+ are different software and may behave differently here. But as I said, am guessing--

Old 11-11-2010, 05:02 AM

It's ok, I sorted this problem out myself. I just backed up my music files and reformatted my Clip+ and now it works perfect

Art

Old 07-06-2015, 12:09 AM

Default Stuck On Refreshing Media

Hey,

So I tried switching it off and on but nothing is working. My computer doesn't recognize it either. When it switches on, it's showing me the refreshing your media sign again. Please help.

Thanks.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

First of all, don't insert or remove a card when the power is on. The Sandisk players, when using the original firmware, often have issues with cards faster than class 4. Is your card class 4 or slower? The next thing to consider if the player hangs on refreshing the media is that your tags are in an incompatible format. The Sandisk players expect mp3 tags in the ID3V2.3 ISO 8859-1 format. The free program mp3Tag makes it easy to edit many tags at once.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/