Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune > Zune HD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Help Headphone speaker preferences for use with HD, Zune Premium?

To be perfectly honest, I don't actually think I've ever heard good audio, outside of real concerts. People are always saying stuff like 'Zune HD has great audio compared to iPods' and 'its trash if you hear it next to a Cowon' and stuff. But I haven't heard it. I've always had the kind of earbuds that you get in the Walmart CD section. But they all sound pretty much the same to me; some are a bit more tinny, or lower, but all mostly the same. I set my sync rate to the highest setting, and always convert in 360kb (?) or higher, but it still sounds the same. Is this my ear buds? I don't usually need the volume loud to hear it, 1 or 2 at night and around 10 during the louder parts of the day. So I wanted to ask some of you audiophiles about this. What do you guys use with your Zune HD? Should I have noise cancellation? What format should I use? Most of mine are mp3, converted from aac or mp3 rips. Should I get the Zune premium earbuds? Should I get over ear phones?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS: whats with the 5 tag limit here, it seems like it'd be easier to find stuff if it was tagged properly.
"So why the #@$& doesn't it do that?" - Steve Jobs

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

audio, headphones, sound, zune hd, zune premium