android
Old 04-23-2011, 11:53 PM

Default Klipsch or Ultimate Ears?

Hey guys, I'm currently seeing new earphone models at stores such as klipsch which I never seen at futureshop before and a new model of ultimate ears 500. They both cost around $70. Klipsch model is "image 3"

I love ultimate ears from past experience, but I've heard good about klipsch also. Which ones are better? Generalizing the klipsch models, not asking about a specific one.

Also testing the email system atm hehe. Hoping that when you guys reply I will get a notification. For the past years I've been book marking certain threads and checking up on them.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-24-2011, 07:53 AM

Are you sure it is not the Klipsch Image S3? For what it is worth what I have read about the the S3 is mostly negative. But take that with a grain of salt as I have seen positive comments too. Generalizing based on my experienced with the ProMedia (AKA S4) I would say Klipsch are overpriced. The S4 is not a bad IEM, but at $80 there is simply too much competition for me to recommend it. At $40 or less it becomes a little more appealing. Given that the S4 is Klipsch top-tier consumer IEM, I imagine the S3 at that price is probably not a good deal (they go for $30 here in the US BTW).

I cannot say I have heard much about the UE 500. For what it is worth, the UE 600 is just a rebranded SuperFi 5 whereas the UE 500 is an entirely new IEM.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnhardwick View Post
Are you sure it is not the Klipsch Image S3? For what it is worth what I have read about the the S3 is mostly negative. But take that with a grain of salt as I have seen positive comments too. Generalizing based on my experienced with the ProMedia (AKA S4) I would say Klipsch are overpriced. The S4 is not a bad IEM, but at $80 there is simply too much competition for me to recommend it. At $40 or less it becomes a little more appealing. Given that the S4 is Klipsch top-tier consumer IEM, I imagine the S3 at that price is probably not a good deal (they go for $30 here in the US BTW).

I cannot say I have heard much about the UE 500. For what it is worth, the UE 600 is just a rebranded SuperFi 5 whereas the UE 500 is an entirely new IEM.
Ah, okayy thanks a lot

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...5f70bd0e5fen02

I believe it is the S3 because it states to in the specifications.

I guess I'll save up on the ultimate ears .

Tags
ultimate ears klipsche