android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Default MP4 h.264/AVC/AAC guide for the J3 using Xvid4PSP

Hello Guys!

I'm quite new onto this Cowon stuff but I'm already fascinated!
To my story: Owning the J3 at v2.25 I've read your article about h.264 files in avi containers.
So far, so good...
I've tried this stuff by myself, but I was not always really satisfied with the converted result, caused by artefacts in the stream by a too low leveled bitrate or a too big filesizes at a moderate bitrate.
Also SUPER was messing up with my installed CCCP-Codecs, Haali wasn't working correctly after using SUPER, forcing a new settings setup of CCCP after avery use of SUPER.
So I was looking for an other alternative for decoding.

Luckyly I found this little guide on an asian website:

http://378ps9500rpm.blog121.fc2.com/blog-entry-23.html

Just put it in the Google-Translator an find out the secrets!
Maybe someone has enough time to make a translated guide, but the website shows everything clearly. And once the output setup is done in Xvid4PSP, you will only have to adjust the output videoscale the next time, everything else will stay as it is.

By the way: I used exactly the same version as in the guide. Tried with v6.0Beta before, but the menu was different and confusing as x.264 offers a lot of setup possibilities. But maybe someone will find some time for the newer versions...

Last night it compressed a 5GB 1080p video (converted from a mkv to a m2ts file with mkv2vob) down to 400MB within 3,5-4 hours!
The output was really impressiv, quality was awesome. No artefacts, no stuttering, nothing. And most of all: working in MP4/AVC.

PS: If someone already discovered this option and I'm just repeating - sorry for that mistake!

Cheers

Xanthurum

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]