android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Zune HD Tablet...would it sell?

I just stumbled across this article from a couple weeks ago, and rather than instantly dismiss it, I thought I see what kind of reactions people here might have. I don't think I saw it mentioned here anywhere.

And hey, there's not enough action in the Zune boards lately!
Quote:
How a Zune tablet could beat Apple and Android
Quote:
According to a statement issued to CNET by a Microsoft representative, it's "absolutely committed to providing the best movies, music, and TV show experiences through Zune on Xbox, the PC, Windows Phone 7, and Zune devices."
It was that last part about Zune devices that got me. While on the surface it could be read as "Microsoft is not going to leave Zune player owners out in the cold," it also left me wondering if a Zune tablet might be in the works. And I'm not talking about tablets from other manufacturers running a Windows OS. I mean a Zune tablet.
But, like the Zune player, is it too late for Microsoft to get in and become a leader in the category instead of a footnote? I don't think so, but it'll have to act fast. Here's what it would take to make a solid entry in the category.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...#ixzz1JFjOZArE

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]