android
Old 04-10-2011, 05:46 PM

Page Sony MDR-ZX100 Review

This review will be on the new Sony MDR-ZX100 that came out recently.
It comes in black or white, and has swivel cups. It has the same speakers as the MDR-V150, so it sounds exactly the same.

Packaging is as usual with Sony, plastic front and cardboard back, shows usual specfacations of the headphones.

The headphone feels pretty solid, the plastic feels like it will last. The Headphone feels nice and snug on my head, it doesn't feel like it will fall or slide off my head. The Headband size feels good, it won't randomly slide out, it feels secure. The swivel cups are a plus, but the phones don't flip out like the MDR-V150

The wires are different design, at the part where it splits from the main cord, it's a "flat" cable. It kinda concerns me on it's durability, but it's more solid-feeling than other cables at least. The plug is also a right angle, which is handy for my laptop and cell phone, as the ports are on the sides.

The sound is exactly like a MDR-V150 like i said before. it's the same 30mm speaker, Sony uses this with some other headphones as well. The sound is kinda flat at first but since they're monitoring headphones, you can hear instruments more in-depth. If you tune the EQ, it sounds nice, but the bass is more on the boomy sound somewhat, it can't produce some low notes very well, but the Highs sound good if your listen to music in high-quality, and mids are good making the music sound full.

Basically the ZX-100's are a upgraded version of the V150, it just has swivel cups and slightly better materials. it also costs the same as a V150.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
sony mdr zx-100 headphone