android
Old 04-12-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
LOL!!! I love some of you guys w/your "zune-colored" glasses.

Go to GSM Arena and check out the reviews on the mentioned devices, as they've been testing them w/a 16ohm load nowadays. The iPhone is pretty much king of the hill, and the EQ no longer has the "distortion issue" since iOS 4 has hit. Plus, it puts out loud enough volume WITHOUT any rooting OR jailbreaking - and "EQu" and "Equalizer" toast the zune (on either the touch OR the iPhone).

Even the Android devices not only have PowerAMP, but the can be rooted to use a custom kernel and VOODOO SOUND TECH for REAL hardware EQ (an the Samsung Galaxy S Series ATM),...what does that say about the SQ or (lacking) features of the zune?

Really, opinions are opinions - facts are FACTS! Too many of you have professed how the zune hd has the "BESTEST SQ AROUND!!! Get facts, or just deal w/the financial loss you've had to bear.

And as for Apple allowing a Zune app and subscription service on an iPhone/touch - it's actually possible. As mentioned, they want money - and if this gets them good $$$ they'll go for it. MS on the other hand, won't go for it - they want total control,...
You mean like this test from GSM???

And since when is saying "I prefer the Zune" a FACT? Who is saying the Zune has the best sound as a FACT?? No one, that's who.
I think my Zune has great SQ (so does the author of the Zune Review ABI), but that is just our opinion.

Financial loss? What are talking about?
Some people LIKE the Zune, and have no regrets.
I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

The real question is why the FACT that some people like their Zune bothers you so much? Why is that?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

There is no indication in that chart for the Touch 4G, which is said to improve on the SQ of the previous models.

However, whoever is happy with their players, so be it.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:26 PM

Dunno man, I try and not be a fanboy but I find that when someone goes into a forum and implies that everyone who bought the player wasted their money is condescending at best.
But that's just my opinion (not FACT).

Old 04-12-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Surfer View Post
Dunno man, I try and not be a fanboy but I find that when someone goes into a forum and implies that everyone who bought the player wasted their money is condescending at best.
But that's just my opinion (not FACT).
I second that notion...does that make it FACT now? Ha ha ha

Old 04-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Actually, my comment wasn't directed at either of you (I never even saw you before now LittleDaveJ???). And that chart is antiquated, so it's not quite correct (all unloaded tests).

As for what I said about wasting money - I bought 2 Zune:HD's, so I'll say it as I please, as I ended up w/buyers remorse.

And, if you went into irc chat and asked WalkGood, dfkt, no9, Martin The Martian, and a few others, they'll tell you how devoted I was to the Zune. I wised up,...

PS: Audio quality impresses @GSM Arena

Last edited by The DarkSide; 04-12-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
As for what I said about wasting money - I bought 2 Zune:HD's, so I'll say it as I please, as I ended up w/buyers remorse.

I wised up,...
So what? Now you're on a mission to turn everyone against the Zune?
Just because YOU had buyers remorse?

I bought a Cowon, didn't like it. Do I now have the right to "Say it as I please" (translation: Troll)??? Maybe go into every single bloody thread in the Cowon forum and say how they wasted their money and how lame the Cowon players are because they don't have HD Radio or wireless sync?
Call them blind fanbois?

I wonder what would happen if I did that? I wonder why whatever would happen to me there (hypothetically, because I would never stoop to that) does not happen to you here?

We get it. You don't like the Zune. I have no problem with you or anyone else not liking the Zune. It's not for everyone. No player is.
I just don't understand what your motivation or purpose is for the constant negativity here in the Zune Forum.
I also do not understand why it is tolerated.

This is all merely my opinion, of course.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks so so I will let it go I guess.
Flame on, no one cares, it's just the Zune Forum, right?

Old 04-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:

I bought a Cowon, didn't like it. Do I now have the right to "Say it as I please" (translation: Troll)??? Maybe go into every single bloody thread in the Cowon forum and say how they wasted their money and how lame the Cowon players are because they don't have HD Radio or wireless sync?
Call them blind fanbois?

I wonder what would happen if I did that? I wonder why whatever would happen to me there (hypothetically, because I would never stoop to that) does not happen to you here?

We get it. You don't like the Zune. I have no problem with you or anyone else not liking the Zune. It's not for everyone. No player is.
I just don't understand what your motivation or purpose is for the constant negativity here in the Zune Forum.
I also do not understand why it is tolerated.

This is all merely my opinion, of course.
Troll away homey, enjoy the ride. I'm not 100% into Cowon either, as their players suck in quite a few areas - but SQ and EQ enhancements, or volume, aren't included in the mix. I mean, GOD FORBID you'd like to use 99% of all Cowon players w/playlists, or if the thing isn't selling like mad - it gets no FW updates.

Also, try using either audio or video podcasts on a Cowon, and they get lumped in w/all the regular music & video files on the player. Try shuffling & you wind up w/a talk podcast playing instead,...POS IMO. The Zune's all excel in that area, as well as w/the Zune Pass - quite nice actually.

My annoyance is from how, no matter WHAT any of us say here (or in the official Zune.net forums, or any other Zune specific forum monitored by MS for that matter) MS couldn't care less about what features or updates we wan't - AT ALL!!! That alone gives me the right to speak my peace - as I've been a Zune customer/user since the beginning.

Now, why anyone who doesn't agree with you or anyone else is tolerated in the Zune section is because we have a right - as forum members - to peacefully discuss what we like or DON'T like about the Zune or any other device in any section of the forum as we please. That's it, deal with it.

And, FYI, I've never said I hated the Z:HD - I've always said I hate what MS has failed to DO with the Z:HD. And being more locked-down than any iPod doesn't really help matters either, now does it?

Old 04-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawdog View Post
As some dude once said, "it's the ecosystem stupid" "it's the stupid ecosystem".
Fix'd

Old 04-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Administrator

I've had to do some clean up. Please find a way to express your thoughts on the topic at hand without resorting to personal insults.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
You're giving The DarkSide a lot of power. As powerful as he may be I don't think he can turn everybody against the ZuneHD. After buying a couple he does have the right to voice his opinion of them though.
So far he hasn't changed my opinion but Microsoft is trying.
iPod Mini 32GB (CF Mod)
V-Moda Remix

Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 PM

Location: Pennsylvania, United States of America(but always Saint Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom), Earth, S

Once upon a time this thread was about a Zune andriod app... Then the evil trolls came in and started fighting and squabbling and thread became lost. But then the great hero UnionJack came and brought them back on topic.
So an andriod app would be great and I would have said it would come to the platform maybe a year ago before wp7 but now I think the chances are quite slim and the chances of an IOS app are nil. Just my 2 I welcome yours on the topic.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Fix'd
Not sure I get the joke.

Tags
android, awesome, dreams, zune