android
Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 PM

Default Android App?

I mean...BRILLIANT. It would allow me, for one, to not have to carry around my zune, and also attract business to the zune pass without having to purchase a specific device. A pipedream maybe...but perhaps with a bit of luck...

I just think that would be awesome.

Consider this my official application for the beta

Last edited by Moonrakerone; 04-07-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-07-2011, 10:22 PM

Location: Pennsylvania, United States of America(but always Saint Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom), Earth, S

Yeah thought there was a Zune app until I actually checked and was astonished when there wasn't seems like a great way to expand the Zune " experience" and bring in lots of revenue. But I doubt it will happen since they now have WP7 for Zune hardware since that makes sense.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:31 PM

Yeah but they say that zune is growing as a service, moving away from a device...so if that's true why not enable the service on as many devices as possible?

Old 04-07-2011, 10:38 PM

Location: Pennsylvania, United States of America(but always Saint Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom), Earth, S

True, but I think in a Zune statement during the whole 'zune is dead' thing they said they will continue to support the Zune service on XBox, pc, wp7, and Zune media devices. So to me it seems they will focus on those aspects of the Zune service before going on to other platforms such as android. But then agian I could, and hopefully, am entirely wrong.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack37 View Post
Yeah thought there was a Zune app until I actually checked and was astonished when there wasn't seems like a great way to expand the Zune " experience" and bring in lots of revenue. But I doubt it will happen since they now have WP7 for Zune hardware since that makes sense.
Where exactly does the revenue come in?

Old 04-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

@Moonrakerone: Glad someone took my advice,...good job bro!!!

Old 04-08-2011, 05:48 PM

Never will happen

Old 04-09-2011, 12:01 AM

Revnue from android users buying a Zune pass or downloading music from the Zune marketplace. Mostly from the Zune pass I would think.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
Never will happen
If it does it would be quite a hot item for the Android community,...no???

Old 04-09-2011, 06:53 PM

The Zune Pass App will happen. But only about 2 years after Apple and Google have their subscription music services up and running. And no one will care by then.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:26 PM

A FRIENDLY WARNING TO ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO DITCH THEIR ZUNE HD cuz you got a smartphone:

I always wanted a smartphone for very long time, android one to be specific, there is a saying "ofcourse you can drive with your feet but it's not recommend" or "don't send a boy to do a man's job" the same applies to Zune HD vs. smartphones (both iphone and android)

You would think that "oh i dont have to carry this arround" and I thought the same until you actually hear a phone doing an MP3 player's job.

Zune HD sounds rich and lively, where as my android phone (HTC Incredible and to all those apple sheeps iphone is even worse It sounds like doodoo) is not bad but if you are serious about your music DO NOT DITCH or take smartphone over an mp3 player (zunehd) if you care for your music. I still carry arround both devices even though i dont want too but zune hd has such good sound (i tried all kind of headphone comparisons from 6 dollar head phones to 350 dollars) so please, if you are serious about your music, do not ditch your ZUNE, all i can do is give my two cents

Old 04-09-2011, 08:49 PM

My smartphone is good enough sounding for my old, damaged ears. lol But, where it can;t compare is in the interface, integration and implementation. Zune w/ Zune Pass is just soooo good and easy to use for me. Nothing I have found for my enohPi even comes close. I am free trial trying Rhapsody now and the music selection is fine but actually using it sucks.

If there was a Zune app, I'd be a Zune Pass user for life.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yea, I've used both Rhapsody and Napster in the past, and my experience with them was shaky and makes me not want to try the Zune Pass. Even though Zune Pass does seem to be much better integrated and all-around more useful.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
Where exactly does the revenue come in?
Say $5 per purchase with say 1 million downloads in the first year, plus the extra zune pass subscribers seems like fantastic revenue to me, and it has low overhead in comparison to releasing devices. That would easily out revenue all previous zune hardware sales they ever had i would bet.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 04-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Very true. Opening up the system a little definitely could have very positive results for MS. I'd like to see this, but I would be VERY surprised...

Old 04-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snanime View Post
A FRIENDLY WARNING TO ALL THOSE WHO WANT TO DITCH THEIR ZUNE HD cuz you got a smartphone:

I always wanted a smartphone for very long time, android one to be specific, there is a saying "ofcourse you can drive with your feet but it's not recommend" or "don't send a boy to do a man's job" the same applies to Zune HD vs. smartphones (both iphone and android)

You would think that "oh i dont have to carry this arround" and I thought the same until you actually hear a phone doing an MP3 player's job.

Zune HD sounds rich and lively, where as my android phone (HTC Incredible and to all those apple sheeps iphone is even worse It sounds like doodoo) is not bad but if you are serious about your music DO NOT DITCH or take smartphone over an mp3 player (zunehd) if you care for your music. I still carry arround both devices even though i dont want too but zune hd has such good sound (i tried all kind of headphone comparisons from 6 dollar head phones to 350 dollars) so please, if you are serious about your music, do not ditch your ZUNE, all i can do is give my two cents
Not true, as the iPhone 4 I own can hold it's own against any mp3 player. Add PowerAMP in on an Android phone and it's just as good as well (a little low in volume, but the SQ is fantastic for the most part).

Don't say the Zune HD is better, as this is just opinion, NOT a FACT!!!

Old 04-10-2011, 05:28 AM

Yeah the only places smartphones are sub par to DAPs/PMPs is battery life and sound enhancements for the most part, and smaller things like replaygain/gapless depending upon model.

But a good phones compared to the HD is no contest in favour of the smartphone i agree.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 04-10-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Not true, as the iPhone 4 I own can hold it's own against any mp3 player. Add PowerAMP in on an Android phone and it's just as good as well (a little low in volume, but the SQ is fantastic for the most part).

There are several reports of poor call audio quality with the HTC Incredible. This may extend to the headphone output also.

In snanime's case the sound on the Zune HD is better, so his opinion, in this case, may be fact. I would like to know what his call audio quality is like and what app he is using to listen to music.
iPod Mini 32GB (CF Mod)
V-Moda Remix

Old 04-10-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Regardless of how good the software, when it comes to output, it's all hardware even if the software is a cassette player. As for PowerAMP, great app but like I said if the hardware is sucky, you will get sucky sound regardless of software.

Quote:
Not an opinion, place current gen smartphones vs an mp3 player (in this case ZuneHD) output to an audio spectogram/meter and you will clearly see Zune's hardware can push frequencies, low's, high's, where smartphones half a** it. But don't get me wrong, I love my smartphone, if there is ever an app for zune yeah it would be nice but will it replace my Zune hardware, not with this current gen of smartphones.

Quote:
There are several reports of poor call audio quality with the HTC Incredible. This may extend to the headphone output also.

In snanime's case the sound on the Zune HD is better, so his opinion, in this case, may be fact. I would like to know what his call audio quality is like and what app he is using to listen to music.
The sound quality on Incredible is so-so but when you make a call using headphones, it is Incredible (lol no pun intended), just pure clear crystal clear nice sound) but when it comes to music, Yes just an opinion but a one where a machine (audio meter) can tell which hardware can pump out good sound, it is a fact but here is where Zune HD stands (sound quality wise)

Current gen Smartphones VS. ZUNEHD = Zune HD
Other Mp3s (such as COWON, etc) vs. ZUNEHD= Other MP3s

But I love both of my devices. Just letting people know in case they want to ditch their mp3 players (not just zune)

Old 04-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmm, maybe need to break out the big guns....

Tags
android, awesome, dreams, zune