android
Old 04-05-2011, 01:27 PM

Default Playlist or Queuing tracks on D3 - possible?

Hi all,

I have had a 32gb D3 for a few weeks now and the one thing, amongst all its many other faults, that grips my goat is that there appears to be no way to either create a playlist or queue music in any way.
I end up either going back into the library when a track ends or just putting an album on, annoying when the player keeps putting its lock on, and searching through the libarary can result in some stuttering.
I love lots of things about the unit as much as i hate many others and am willing to give it a chance and see if it develops. I will quite willingly put up with a lot of other shorcomings if I can get this playlist thing sorted out.
Do any of the more accomplished D3 users here have any solution - is there a way of creating a playlist, either on a PC and transferring it or within the player, or do I simply have to live with it until it is solved by a FW or OS update?
Does anyone know if the Winamp app would allow creation of playlists etc?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-06-2011, 08:25 AM

Best thing that I am currently using is rockbox and it allows playlists and gapless playback. Works brilliantly for me even though there are no skins (that I know of) for the D3 or font changes..

Old 04-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes Winamp has great playlist features. Add to the now playing playlist, or create a new on by holding down on any song or album listed. You can even save a winamp playlist as a bookmark on any home page.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Thanks all, going to try Winamp. Have never used Rockbox before so am a bit wary of it. However, anything has to be better than the preinstalled Cowon player at the moment.
I presume that using a third party player does not affect the jeteffect and BBE settings and SQ......

Old 04-07-2011, 10:34 AM

Winamp installed - works great and is far superior to the Cowon player and can do playlists and queuing.

Thanks for the advice

Tags
d3, frustrated, playlist, queue