Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 PM
Default Moving on from a Sandisk Sansa Clip+

The Sandisk Sansa Clip+ has been my favorite media player over the past year or so, but as a result of its small size (an attribute I enjoy), the device undergoes a LOT of stress on the headphone jack. ALL of the Clip+ models I've bought (4 or 5, one of which was replaced by Sandisk) have had problems with the left headphone audio dropping out-even after many precautions were taken to make sure it didn't happen--repeatedly.

After repurchasing and trading in these models I feel it's time for me to move on. This I consider to be a shame for two reasons:
  1. The Clip+ is one fine player (great audio, SD Cardslot, beautiful display, mass storage, handles podcasts nicely), and
  2. I haven't seen anything else out there that can compete.
I've dabbled with simple players from other companies (such as the atrocious Archos Key), but none of them nail the navigation, speed, and overall appeal of the Clip+.

I turn to ABI to ask for help in identifying a comparably solid player that hits on all of these few key points:
  • SD card slot w/ on board memory and SD card library integration
  • mass storage file loading (no desktop software)
  • dedicated podcast section/good podcast management
  • relatively swift/fluid UI
As a general rule, simplicity is better, but I am willing to upgrade a bit in both price and form if it means getting these essential features reliably. Obscure brands are fine, if need be.

I've scoured through spec sheets, but that's what ended me with players that I found to be horrible. Recommendations go a long way, and I figure there's no better place than here to get them.

The current goal is to hold out until the release of the Galaxy Player 4 in conjunction with something like DoggCatcher ( but if there's an alternative anyone in a similar boat could suggest, I'm all ears.

Last edited by Corgan; 04-05-2011 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Elaborated thoughts, syntax correction

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

clip, podcast, recommendation, sansa, sd