android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2011, 02:32 PM

Default Firmware update ideas - NOT OFFICIAL, NOT MS

I'm just a poster here, and I love my Zune HD. I like the new apps that MS has been pushing, and it makes me think about ideas for improving the general functionality for the HD. Usually, such additions are made through firmware updates or OS releases. Since the HD runs on top of CE, I assume the updates would come through firmware.

Here are some of my ideas for a firmware update... keep in mind, I am not a Microsoft employee (but would love to be one someday) and that this is not a list of features coming in an official release. As you should know, Microsoft has not made any announcements about the future of the Zune lineup. These are simply ideas I have.
Optional multitasking- offer a way to switch between tasks quickly, without completely leaving it. Optional would mean you could go into settings and shut it off, allowing normal operation and (likely) better battery life.

More info bar info- have a clock, battery percentage, wi-fi, or other info in the top info bar. While using the HD, I sometimes find myself looking for the time, which is only accessible through the lock screen. Again, possibly make it to where you could switch such pieces of info on and off.

Compatibility with a larger number of wi-fi security encryption methods- self-explanatory. I'd love to use my HD for info on the go at my university, but can't get on the campus network. Being able to do so would greatly increase the utility of the device, and make the Zune Pass an actual option for me.

Apps organized like the music is- alphabetically, by type, etc.

Allow more third-party apps to run without the reboot.

What else would you guys want in a firmware update?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]