android
Old 07-01-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5r2an View Post
EDIT: Also, plugging the ZO into my laptop results in so much hiss, I feel like I'm listening to white noise.
The ZO expects a headphone output, not a line-out. Modern laptop sound cards are made to auto-sense the impedance attached to them, and attaching the ZO to them means all hell breaks loose (since the ZO input is kind-of-sort-of line-level, with 15.000 Ohm impedance, unlike regular phones with ~16-300 Ohm impedance). The only way to use the ZO with an auto-sensing Realtek (or other) laptop sound card is to use a ~250 Ohm adapter between the sound card and the ZO.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-02-2011, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The ZO expects a headphone output, not a line-out. Modern laptop sound cards are made to auto-sense the impedance attached to them, and attaching the ZO to them means all hell breaks loose (since the ZO input is kind-of-sort-of line-level, with 15.000 Ohm impedance, unlike regular phones with ~16-300 Ohm impedance). The only way to use the ZO with an auto-sensing Realtek (or other) laptop sound card is to use a ~250 Ohm adapter between the sound card and the ZO.
Damn false advertisement...

"You can add the ZO to any (or all) of your existing setups, and not only reward your ears but your wallet."

Oh well, I still would have bought the ZO even if it only worked with MP3 players and headphones.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:04 AM

k5r2an, This guy makes and sells custom made impedance adapters for $18.00. One of the one's listed is 240 ohm and that should do the trick for your laptop.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-04-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
k5r2an, This guy makes and sells custom made impedance adapters for $18.00. One of the one's listed is 240 ohm and that should do the trick for your laptop.
I found one of those that came packaged with either my TF10's or PFE's and it works very well in cutting down on the hiss. No more hiss!!!

Old 07-07-2011, 11:19 PM

Ok, problem: my ATH-M50's seem to be unable to handle the intense bass of some dubstep songs with the ZO on and go silent intermittently when the bass goes way low and loud. If I put the volume to around -23 on my rockboxed Clip+ and if the ZO is on regardless of the setting, this problem occurs. Also, my ATH-50's are new and not burnt in so maybe this may also be a part of the problem.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:16 PM
digiZoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5r2an View Post
Ok, problem: my ATH-M50's seem to be unable to handle the intense bass of some dubstep songs with the ZO on and go silent intermittently when the bass goes way low and loud. If I put the volume to around -23 on my rockboxed Clip+ and if the ZO is on regardless of the setting, this problem occurs. Also, my ATH-50's are new and not burnt in so maybe this may also be a part of the problem.
More than likely its related to how rockbox is configured, and how it may be interacting with the ZO. I would try playing around with rockbox's sound settings to see if that makes a difference.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:29 PM

Does anyone have both the fiio e11 and ZO to make a comparison? I just received the fiio e11 and I think it is pretty good. The bass sounds very good on it using the Denon d2000. From the specs I think the ZO gives more power though. But I will like to see a comparision between the two. I would have gotten both but ran out of money lol. Maybe I'll get the zo in the near future though.

So far, the e11 beats the zo as far as being able to be used with line out and also having a volume knob.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizMoxie View Post
More than likely its related to how rockbox is configured, and how it may be interacting with the ZO. I would try playing around with rockbox's sound settings to see if that makes a difference.
I tested it with original Clip+ firmware with the equalizer on default and the same issue occurs when the volume is around 85-90% and the ZO at any level. I tested it also with the Dr. Dre Beats (the non-Solo ones) and the same thing occurs. I think no headphone could possibly handle the intense bass of the ZO at high volume.

@h1a8: I don't have the E11, but I have an E5 and I can say for sure that the bass boost on the E5 is like a knife compared to the cannon that is the ZO.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:09 PM

Anyone heard the ath ad700 or the ad900 with this Zo thing? I wonder if such a device can bring about decent bass on the zero bass ad700 while keeping the midrange still good.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

All I know is I hooked the ZO up to my iPod classic, plugged in my hd25-1 2's, and the damn hp's SING!!! Muahahahahahahaha - amazing sq from an iPod on flat EQ, me luv it!!!

Old 07-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
All I know is I hooked the ZO up to my iPod classic, plugged in my hd25-1 2's, and the damn hp's SING!!! Muahahahahahahaha - amazing sq from an iPod on flat EQ, me luv it!!!
As opposed to their brilliant presets, right?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Actually, if you've bothered to listen to them lately, the presets are actually quite good nowadays. I'd LOVE. A separate bass boost setting, ala' mach3bass, but the preset now longer suck.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Actually, if you've bothered to listen to them lately, the presets are actually quite good nowadays. I'd LOVE. A separate bass boost setting, ala' mach3bass, but the preset now longer suck.
They're certainly better on my Touch 4G than they are on my sister's old 30GB 5G Video. Still not awesome, but decent now.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Clearbass beats mach3bass anyday.

On other news Zo inbound.

This better be good.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

@DarkSide, I haven't played with the 4G, and last I hear them, they were very unimpressive... Mostly made the sound seem muddled... /shrug

@Confispect, congrats!

Old 07-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post

This better be good.
Dude!!! Congrats, you're gonna love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
@DarkSide, I haven't played with the 4G, and last I hear them, they were very unimpressive... Mostly made the sound seem muddled... /shrug

@Confispect, congrats!
On my iPhone 4G the presets are maddeningly subtle, so no real differences to be heard - no distortion tho. On my classic the bigger differences between the setting is more evident - and more pleasing (IMO). Like I've always said - they're no mach3bass, or clearbass (my fav of the 2 also) for that matter - THOSE would be the shiit tho!!!

Still, w/the ZO - who needs either!!! Not me!!!

Old 07-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

This will be my first amp I'm looking forward to some extra thump.

Let's hope this delivers.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
This will be my first amp I'm looking forward to some extra thump.

Let's hope this delivers.
Oh, they definitely will deliver.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I dunno....I like them both alot.

Quote:

This better be good.
Good luck!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

^ Thx.

I don't to much care for mach3bass I never seen the hype in it.