android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2011, 11:40 PM

Default Sub-$150 Circumaural 'Phones for Commuter

This goes hand-in-hand with my MP3 Player thread. I'm getting a new MP3 Player and Headphones because my commute to school is very long (I take the train). I want to spend more money on the headphones than the player. However, I am still a student, so I don't have a lot of money to spend.

Budget: Up to $150, but I would prefer to pay closer to $100
Type: Circumaural, or some supra-aural. In-ear phones are extremely painful for me, and I like the sound isolation, weight, and fit of the circumaural phones. For some reason, I don't like ultra-light phones.
Primary use: Listening while sitting on a moving train. The train can be loud and I want to try and isolate outside noise. I'll also take them walking sometimes, because I like to walk around the park and take pictures.
SQ: I'm not really sure, but the type of music I listen to is mostly rock. I don't like it too high (tinny) or too low (booming bass).
Media: Rock, "art" pop, a little funk, some orchestral and piano pieces. I don't really listen to dance music, but some songs I have are more techno-ish than rock.
Source: MP3 Player, still undecided

I've been looking at some phones, but I'm not sure. The Sony MDR-V6 seem good. There are so many headphones that I'm having trouble narrowing it down.
So what do you guys thing?
Thanks for the help!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]