android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 PM

Default im about to order my headphones :D which ones?

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/he...6d2/index.html

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/he...fd9/index.html

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/he...07f/index.html

ok so which ones should i buy im having trouble picking from these

1.a700s
2.ATH-M50s
3.pro700s

my pick is between the a700s and the m50s

o yeah do these stay on your head? im looking for something that does not fall off that easy

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Administrator

I'd say make it the m50s. I have the ATH AD700. The wing support is very comfortable because essentially they just float on top your head with virtually no clamping force. The a700 use the same system. They stay on if you're walking or during light activity but I wouldn't want to try anything vigorous in them.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I'd say make it the m50s. I have the ATH AD700. The wing support is very comfortable because essentially they just float on top your head with virtually no clamping force. The a700 use the same system. They stay on if you're walking or during light activity but I wouldn't want to try anything vigorous in them.
alright thanks alot :]

Old 03-23-2011, 09:43 PM

The M50's clamp quite good, too much maybe for my liking. And be careful to buy the M50 from an authorized seller because there are a lot of fakes out there.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudohippy View Post
The M50's clamp quite good, too much maybe for my liking. And be careful to buy the M50 from an authorized seller because there are a lot of fakes out there.
:O for real i had no idea ....i was going to order them off of google how can i tell if they're fake?

Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Administrator

There's a listing of authorized dealers on the Audio Technica site. Be sure to buy from one of them. If an eBay seller lists themselves as an authorized dealer check them against the listing.

At a quick glance the first several that claim to be authorized check against the list. There seem to be some that have names that are very close to a authorized dealer but the location doesn't match the one listed by Audio Technica. I'd don't think I'd do business with them.

Edit: I don't have the ath 50s but I've had them on a few times. I'd call them comfortably firm as far as clamping force. Enough to isolate decently but not skull crushers. They don't clamp nearly as tight as the Senn HD280 I have.

Since I don't own them I can't say what having them on for hours would feel like. But my short time with them and experience with other studio monitors makes me believe they should be OK for long listening sessions.

Last edited by skip252; 03-23-2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Impressions on clamping force

Old 03-26-2011, 12:28 PM

You can listen to them for a long while, but if I have a tad bit of headache then they become too much for me within an hour. But that is unusual I guess. Also, the fake leather pads while nice and seem durable do get a bit warm in the summer. Some folks have actually switched them out with the velour beyerdynamic pads with reportedly good results. Not sure at the moment which beyer model though.

Link to Headfi thread identifying fake models and good and bad sellers.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...50-arrived/210