android
Old 03-21-2011, 08:24 AM

Default Dave - Thank you

Dave,

I would like to express the gratitude of myself and (I hope) all other Zune HD lovers out there. We are very grateful for the work you are doing to bring us the best apps for the best price () possible.

I would also like to thank you for spending your time in this forum, reaching out to the Zune community. I am greatly impressed with your patience with all the people who get frustrated with you or Microsoft. I understand that the future of the Zune device does not fall entirely into your hands, and that it would be impossible for us to understand the decisions made by Microsoft.

Thank you again. Keep up the good work.
One day I plan to work on the Zune team with you (Yes, I believe it will still exist, in some incarnation).

Thanks,
jbgrzy

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-21-2011, 09:33 AM

What he said^.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:40 AM

Absolutely. Though I've been frustrated at the lack of clarity in Microsoft's response to the rumors of the death of Zune hardware, I have nothing but gratitude for Dave for all he has done, both in development for the Zune and for engaging the fan base.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Manager View Post
Absolutely. Though I've been frustrated at the lack of clarity in Microsoft's response to the rumors of the death of Zune hardware, I have nothing but gratitude for Dave for all he has done, both in development for the Zune and for engaging the fan base.
I have no sympathy or care about Microsoft anymore but I do thank Dave for all he has done on these forums. I don't think any employee of any company has ever really stuck by and listened and tried to answer most of our questions. I believe Dave is probably one of the few people that actually care.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:11 PM

Yep, thanks Dave, for all you do above-and-beyond for the community.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Dave is the only person who tries to help, or really does care. His hands are tied - so what you get will be limited at best. Nice job Dave, but MS sux!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:12 PM

Agreed. Thank you for listening, Dave.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Let me rephrase what I stated: MS sux - when it comes to the Zune lineup.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Let me rephrase what I stated: MS sux - when it comes to the Zune lineup.
Gentlemen, lets keep this thread positive please.

Thank you,
jbgrzy

Old 03-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I hate positive, negative is the holy truth.

I agree Dave should be thanked for his unique way of communicating.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post

I agree Dave should be thanked for his unique way of communicating.
though I believe there should be a balance between the positives and negatives. neither sides got it right until it is actually official.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Buddy

Hey guys - just saw this post, and really want to thank you for your support. I will say - it reads like an obituary somewhat, and I'm not going anywhere - but I appreciate the support nonetheless.

And to the poster who pondered... yes, I do love the Zune HD as much as you guys.

Check out this week's Zune Insider podcast, I'll be on it - and will give a shoutout to the crew here.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
Hey guys - just saw this post, and really want to thank you for your support. I will say - it reads like an obituary somewhat, and I'm not going anywhere - but I appreciate the support nonetheless.

And to the poster who pondered... yes, I do love the Zune HD as much as you guys.

Check out this week's Zune Insider podcast, I'll be on it - and will give a shoutout to the crew here.

Cheers, Dave.
I have something to say. Dave are you going to do another "what questions do you wan't us answer on the podcast" like last time. I would really like to see that again

Old 03-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Dave, I just wanted to add that it is fully understandable you cannot commit to any information that is considered by MS to be confidential. Having said this, I don't even own a Zune, but id the Zune DAP is disocntinued, it would be a terible decision bt MS because I think the Zune is the only DAP that has the potential to penetrate the. If you can convince the folks iPod sales.

Thank you for your tremendous patience you are having so far for these forums, and it takes a special person to have it.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:28 PM

Location: Pennsylvania, United States of America(but always Saint Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom), Earth, S

Thank you Dave McLauchlan. You are a man with great patience to be able to read all the evil trolls and negative Zune haters comments and reply calmly and with as much clarity as you are allowed. Thank you and continue the good work. Long live Zune!

Last edited by unionjack37; 03-24-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post

Cheers, Dave.

Sorry, I didn't mean it to sound like an obituary. I really don't think that Zune is dead or even dying.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post
Now there's a quotable quote.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:37 PM

Nice sentiment, but Adam Smith comes to mind...
"It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own neccessities but of their advantages."

Old 03-23-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack37 View Post
Thank you Dave McLaughlin. You are a man with great patience to be able to read all the evil trolls and negative Zune haters comments and reply calmly and with as much clarity as you are allowed. Thank you and continue the good work. Long live Zune!
I really don't see much hate and negativity toward the Zune HD or Dave in this forum. Dave gets a lot of respect, it's Microsoft that people are frustrated with.
A lot of people in this forum own a Zune HD and want to see it live on and improve. We're just hoping Microsoft agrees.
iPod Mini 32GB (CF Mod)
V-Moda Remix

Old 03-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscythe View Post
I have something to say. Dave are you going to do another "what questions do you wan't us answer on the podcast" like last time. I would really like to see that again
So I just got back from taping the show with Jess - I'm really sorry, I've actually been out sick today and went in just to do the taping. As a result, I didn't get a chance to post a "questions to answer" request on here... but by the same token I'm willing to bet 90% of them would have been on the same topic, which I think has been exhausted on here anyhow.

But next time - I'll definitely post a thread with a few days notice and we'll get some questions. I did throw a shout-out to the ABi gang in there though!

Cheers, Dave.