android
Old 03-18-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daglesj View Post
I think the best thing to do is use a corporations indifference to you, back at them.

Simply shrug, and change brands as and when you can. They dont give a **** about you so why bother with them.

Its ok for corps to ignore you once they have your money but they hate being ignored by you far more when you have money to spend.

This is absolutely true when in comes to M$. They don't have customers, they have suckers.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you can't add to the thread please stop trolling,...

Old 03-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Linux View Post
This is absolutely true when in comes to M$. They don't have customers, they have suckers.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daglesj View Post
I think the best thing to do is use a corporations indifference to you, back at them.

Simply shrug, and change brands as and when you can. They dont give a **** about you so why bother with them.

Its ok for corps to ignore you once they have your money but they hate being ignored by you far more when you have money to spend.
The problem with this is that (unfortunately) MS has created a product that I like and want to support with the ZuneHD. I want them to want to support it as much as I want to.

On a completely unrelated note...

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog kid View Post
Any suggestions on something with a comparable OLED multitouch screen? (and don't say archos. those players are butt ugly)
I understand what you were trying to do, but don't feed the trolls. This guy isn't here to offer intelligent argument/conversation. He just wants to flame.

And finally, lol @Marvin. xD Donald is such a BOSS.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
I understand what you were trying to do, but don't feed the trolls. This guy isn't here to offer intelligent argument/conversation. He just wants to flame.
Except that he actually posted valid answers to the question. So it seems he isn't here just to flame...

Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Didn't catch that. :/ Sorry, I was reading quick and thought that was someone else. But, my opinion of him is mostly from reading his past posts, in which he just slams Zune with no acknowledgement of it's merit.

(btw, I love your XL Fuzed theme in your sig!)

Old 03-19-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
The problem with this is that (unfortunately) MS has created a product that I like and want to support with the ZuneHD. I want them to want to support it as much as I want to.
Oh indeed I quite agree. I invested in the Zune quite a bit and love the hardware. I supported it on many a forum where it was met with derision.

I just detest anyone involved in the running of it. They just ran it into the ground.

My goodwill has evaporated and I think many others has as well.

Time to move on. Sansa maybe.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:53 AM

You know a product is dead when:

a) the last firmware update was released almost a year ago
b) a petition has been started for the company to create a new firmware update

I'll just sit and wait for a drastic price drop... but only for so long, then I'll just jump on another product (ie. Samsung Galaxy WIFI 4.0)

Old 03-19-2011, 09:35 AM

I am hopeful, in the past with windows, ms has at least told us when they were stopping updates, and when they really drop supporting a product.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
(btw, I love your XL Fuzed theme in your sig!)
(Thanks! )

Old 03-19-2011, 12:06 PM

I guess I agree with the others on the subject of switching. Had a Samsung yp-p2 8gb before I bought my Zunehd 16gb and I'd have to say I think its still stable mp3 player. I may end up moving back to that or the Galaxy player unfortunately. :/

Its just a shame I would have to revert to doing so. For some reason I just really though MS or the Zune Team had something with their then new media player.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, for me, updates aren't going to make or break the ZuneHD for me, because I've already bought it and regardless, I won't buy a new player for a while.

Updates would be nice, and I really hope they come, and I will keep making it clear that I think Zune should continue supporting this device.

For me, I probably won't go back to Sansa. I've had a couple of their players, and I think that the HD was a step up. The Galaxy player is one that I'll definitely keep my eyes on, and I hope it knocks my socks off. I'm definitely going to keep my eyes open, but I don't have a reason to leave right now. My Zune plays my music and TV shows pretty well, satisfies my boredom, and browses the web. That's all I want for now.

Old 03-19-2011, 03:06 PM

I agree Steinburger. I bought the HD to play music. It does that very well. I now use it for podcasts as much or more than for music. I don't use apps and it's too small (and unreliable) for Internet. I will use it until it dies but won't be replacing it with another Microsoft device. I'll stick was hardware companies like Samsung.
I am disappointed in Microsoft's (Dave's) attitude that it's 18 months old so we shouldn't be complaining about the lack of support. We haven't had support for nearly a year so, overall, Microsoft supported the device for about 7 months. They didn't promote the device outside the US until now.
I think they are missing an opportunity. While other companies (Apple, Samsung) are adding Internet capable PMP devices to their lineup Microsoft seems to be choosing to drop theirs in favour of a phone.
iPod Mini 32GB (CF Mod)
V-Moda Remix

Old 03-19-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus_NB View Post
I agree Steinburger. I bought the HD to play music. It does that very well. I now use it for podcasts as much or more than for music. I don't use apps and it's too small (and unreliable) for Internet. I will use it until it dies but won't be replacing it with another Microsoft device. I'll stick was hardware companies like Samsung.
I am disappointed in Microsoft's (Dave's) attitude that it's 18 months old so we shouldn't be complaining about the lack of support. We haven't had support for nearly a year so, overall, Microsoft supported the device for about 7 months. They didn't promote the device outside the US until now.
I think they are missing an opportunity. While other companies (Apple, Samsung) are adding Internet capable PMP devices to their lineup Microsoft seems to be choosing to drop theirs in favour of a phone.
I don't really recommend the Samsung Galaxy player if you are not fond of apps. It is basically the android's ipod touch. Showing no difference than the phone line except no phone and 3g unlike zune and wp7. The Galaxy Player looks nice, just not my cup of tea.

I get the feeling that firmware update=only evidence of support to people. But I think technically we got some support within the 18 months as apposed to just 7. The only two exaggerated announcements showing support for the device was the firmware update 2010 and the United Airlines and Zune HD thing that took off in September(I think). From late September the 64 gb was sold through mainstream retail ( example Amazon, Wal-Mart) and there has been a lot more steady and better app release with stuff like wlm to an e-reader. Then We actually got some kind of commercial(not on tv though) for the device around the time wp7 came out. Then Custom engrave on Zune originals in late Dec. Then an official mac sync came to be. Recently the sell in Canada and Australia and the app beta testing Dave put out . Along with those events updates towards bugs in apps came to be that are still getting updated. This surely sounds like no support. Yeah right. Dave already stated alot of things that disprove the speculations that has been put. Though I do agree that there should be a new firmware, its just that thats not the only sign of support.

Last edited by Deathscythe; 03-19-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:37 PM

Thing is would we want another Zune PMP? I find some of the fun of these units is the aftermarket accessories you can get for them.

All those lovely custom docks, valve amps, cables, etc. etc.

If you buy a Zune you know there will be none of that. It will be just a Zune and maybe another lame radio hook-up for the car.

Whoopee.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I only consider a product dead when it doesn't boot up anymore. Despite it not having grown into what I wished it had, my Zune HD still plays media with the grace and beauty it did when it first came out. If only there was an email app.....

Old 03-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I only consider a product dead when it doesn't boot up anymore. Despite it not having grown into what I wished it had, my Zune HD still plays media with the grace and beauty it did when it first came out. If only there was an email app.....
Exactly. Although I do still have hope that some basic utilities will still trickle out, even if we don't have some update that revamps the player.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscythe View Post

I get the feeling that firmware update=only evidence of support to people.
It's not just the lack of firmware updates. It's some of the things Dave has said. eg:

Quote:
When Zune HD came out we did in fact release a number of firmware updates - but now that the product is 18mo old and we're already on our next generation hardware (Windows Phones) you should expect the level of support to change. That happens with any and every consumer electronics product.
I understand that the release of new apps does indicate that MS is still supporting the product but to a lesser degree.
The HD still does all of the things that it did when I bought it. I don't regret buying it at all. I just want MS to like the machine as much as I do.
iPod Mini 32GB (CF Mod)
V-Moda Remix

Old 03-20-2011, 01:21 PM

The Cowon S9 looks pretty decent, but I've moved on to tablets. I bought a Nook Color for $200 and rooted it, so I have the full android market, etc. Nothing compares to the music/podcast management with the ZuneHD though. I would continue to use it if it would work under Linux.

Last edited by analog kid; 03-20-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I want a device that I can stick in my pocket. For now, that's the ZuneHD. And one of the deciding factors for me for the HD over the S9/J3 was the internet and the apps. At the point that I was buying it, I didn't care quite as much as I do now about the custom EQ and BBE and whatnot that the Cowons had that the HD didn't, and I wasn't going to pay 40 dollars more for something without wifi or the purty apps on the HD. Also, when I got the HD, I could just go to my nearest Best Buy and walk away with it. I would have had to order the Cowon.