android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune > Zune HD

Old 03-14-2011, 03:43 PM

Help How to add pictures used in the background of the music player (behind the cover) ?

Hello,

I have a few question regarding the zune HD menu / settings and the zune software.

About a third of my music collection is asian ( japanese and korean ) and about a quarter is "experimental" and small bands ( mostly european and japanese ).

I already had a hard time tagging those music and finding the proper covers and infos using the various databases ( discog, musicbrainz, amazon etc ... ).

It seems the zune hd, in addition yo the art cover, use "related pictures" as a background when you are playing your music ( it does look pretty good on the videos I saw on youtube ).

What I am afraid of is that the zune software/database may not recognize properly most of my music & artists.

I understand it is possible to use your own picture/art for the album cover. Is it also possible to add the pictures ( and/or tag informations ) to be used in the player's bakground ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-14-2011, 05:24 PM

I myself listen to a lot of indie music and local bands that aren't very known, and the Zune software doesn't just throw on random pictures for background from other bands by accident. In fact it's only ever happened once.

At the same time it's not possible to add you're own backgrounds, however I believe there was a tool being developed to do just that. I'm not sure how far it got though.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:50 AM

It's only happened to me once for an underground rap duo Felt. Keeps thinking its a folk song group.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:07 AM

it's really cool when it works, and not that big of a deal when it doesn't. It's occasionally impressed me by knowing some really obscure stuff, but really, it's a side feature.

Tags
background, music menu, pictures, player, tags